How is the abattoir?

stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
edited 7. Dec 2015, 14:58 in Community Chit-chat archive
That's the question my friend just asked on the phone.

The reason? I'd emailed her and explained how, in the supermarket this morning, Mr SW had spied and bought an enormous beef joint. It looks beautiful and was only £9 and he pointed out he cold freeze half of it.

Unfortunately, Mr SW is a bloke so he wanted to cut it there and then, in our small kitchen, while I was still unpacking and putting away. Useless to ask him to wait so I simply requested he put lots of kitchen roll underneath and around the chopping board to soak up the blood.

He's a bloke. He does things the bloke way. No kitchen roll necessary. Except, of course, it was. Fortunately I was down to cans and jars by then but was also trying to brew up.

He mopped up some of the resulting pool of blood, carried the dripping kitchen roll over to the sink (across me, his mug and the coffee jar) and then squeezed blood into, onto and around the washing up bowl. There was blood everywhere including in his mug.

I was so, so tempted to leave it there.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    :lol::lol::lol:

As you say, he`s a bloke - explains everything.
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Nuff said.
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Good grief, sticky, that is the man's way indeed.

I've come to dread mine offering to do the cooking. :o
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stickywicket that is GROSS!!!

g025.gif

But I can imagine my own doing something similar - so stubborn and won't be told!!
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Well that got my attention!

It does seem as though the male of the species have a completely different approach to us ladies. We'd have prepared and had the necessary equipment ready ...

I truly hope your kitchen no longer looks like there's been a murder committed.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Oh Sticky I am so glad none of my partners were domesticated as I would have made them wear the joint of beef :lol: xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    There's nowt wrong with a drop of claret here and there :wink: but yes, gallons of it plus the 'I have to do this NOW' attitude grates as though waiting for a few minutes would make any difference to the freezing process. :roll:

That reminds me of ne of my favourite children's book titles, it's something similar to 'I absolutely have to do some colouring now.' Oh the urgency of childhood! I miss it. :( DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    My OH is exactly the same has to cut meat in half to use for two meals! Any meat, he even cuts the sausages in to several bags ready for meals. It must be a caveman thing! I can only imagine what your kitchen must have looked like! A scene from the movie SAW! :o
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    :shock: :shock: men's brains are certainly different from ours..its just a matter of getting used..I never have.. :roll: :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Unfortunately you don't understand us men's infallible logic and strategy.................. :roll:
    By making a mess in the kitchen it encourages women to do a bit of cleaning rather than keep leaving it to us men............ :lol:
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    I bet he didn't wash his hands either!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein