Twins

lindalegs
lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
edited 13. Jan 2016, 12:35 in Community Chit-chat archive
The babies are due to be delivered by Caesarean on 21st December 2015. :D:D Mr Legs and I are on ‘Amber Alert’ day and night to fetch our grandson in case the babies decide they want to be born before then. :lol::lol:

At the scan, last Monday, each baby was 2.1kg (4lb 10oz) + or – the odd microgram, which is a good weight for twins and it’s excellent they are the same size …….. they’ve obviously been sharing their dinners nicely. :wink::wink:

We’re all really excited (though mummy is a tad fed up :roll: :roll: ) and it’ll be an extra surprise as we still don’t know what make our Christmas babies will be! :shock: :shock:

I will keep you posted because what is better than a birth at Christmas ……and a double birth, what can I say except EEEEEEK, EEEEEEK!! k040.gifk040.gif
Love,
Love, Legs x
'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Wahay!!!!

Ooooh Legs how exiting :)

Good to hear they have already learnt to share :wink:

I am so exited for you all.

Please do keep us updated you know we all love babies being born :wink:

Love and luck

Toni xxx
  • lindalegs
    Will do Toni a050.gif

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    :D:D Linda not long now...bless ..so glad to see they are sharing,a good sign with twins....heeee....cant wait to hear all about them.. xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    How exciting. Hope all continues to go well.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • lindalegs
    Thanks Barbara and Slosh :D

I've made mummy, daddy and Jack a digital ad-twins calendar with two pictures on each day counting up to 21st December. I'm hoping it helps mummy to feel less fed-up to see the days ticking by!

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    that's lovely Linda and at least they will be here for Christmas I bet everyone is getting excited now.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • lindalegs
    Turbogran wrote:
    that's lovely Linda and at least they will be here for Christmas I bet everyone is getting excited now.

Yes, Carol, we certainly are. It's just like the buzzy feeling when, as a child, you knew it was minutes away from Santa coming into a room! At the moment we talk about 'the babies' as an unknown quantity but in a few short weeks two people will enter our lives and become a huge, loveable part of it! :D:D

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    How lovely - two new babies to look forward to meeting! I hope it all goes really well and your grandson gets some lovely presents from his two new baby brother/s and/or sister/s.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • lindalegs
    GraceB wrote:
    How lovely - two new babies to look forward to meeting! I hope it all goes really well and your grandson gets some lovely presents from his two new baby brother/s and/or sister/s.

GraceB

Thanks Grace. Jack will be a big brother before the end of the month .....how cool is that! :D:D

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,898
    Lindalegs
    what a lovely Christmas present I hope it all goes well.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    How exciting and not long to wait. My Niece had her first baby (a girl) on Sunday and we spent the weekend glued to the phone. I got loads of texts at the start and then it went quiet so was lulled into a false sense of nothing happening when all of a sudden she was born! She's claiming a 5 and a half hour labour but it seemed more like 24 and a half!

I do know someone who had twin boys on Christmas Day.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • lindalegs
    dachshund wrote:
    Lindalegs
    what a lovely Christmas present I hope it all goes well.
    joan xx

Thanks Joan, me too :D

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • lindalegs
    tkachev wrote:
    How exciting and not long to wait. My Niece had her first baby (a girl) on Sunday and we spent the weekend glued to the phone. I got loads of texts at the start and then it went quiet so was lulled into a false sense of nothing happening when all of a sudden she was born! She's claiming a 5 and a half hour labour but it seemed more like 24 and a half!

I do know someone who had twin boys on Christmas Day.

Elizabeth

Thanks Elizabeth. The silence is the worst isn't it when you're not actually there!

The babies will definitely be here before Christmas Day as mummy is having a Cesarean on 21st December ....the doctors want them to be born before Christmas week even though they won't be full term till 11th January 2016 .....seems a bit wrong to me to be honest :roll: :roll: Hey-ho what do I know :wink:

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    How exciting a (pre-) Christmas birth, what an amazing gift to have! Bet you are all on tender hooks. Hope you have practiced the alarm call drill! Keep us posted what wonder Christmas news better than awful devastating news at present, something to smile at last. :D
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    How exciting for you all! Twins are great fun and amazing to watch because they have such a unique bond. I hope all goes well on 21st (if not before). It's normal for them to come a bit early. Mine were induced at 37+6 and born bang on 38 weeks. The theory is that past that point they can start to get too cramped in there and that can start to cause a new set of problems. I do feel deeply sorry for their Mum, I still remember the tiredness and just plain discomfort caused by the end of a twin pregnancy - can't sit, can't lie and can't move comfortably. You just want them out and then the fun really begins. I'm so happy for you all, good luck and enjoy :D
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    What lovely news - it must be so exciting for you, and I hope all goes well and you`ll soon be welcoming your twin grandchildren into the world.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Well done all round. Soon be two (surely that should be four?) more Legs.

My eldest was a Christmas baby. Lovely but hard graft.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • lindalegs
    Well thank you Bubba, LV, Theresa and SW.

Yes, SW, 4 new legs will enter the world soon and Bubba my phone is at my bedside ......these days I would rather leave Mr Legs downstairs than my phone :shock: :lol::lol:

It's funny the reaction we get when sharing our news, most are happy for us but some people are horrified which surprises us all.

LV your post is very encouraging with your own experience of your twins and is the sort of things 'mummy' needs to hear at the moment.

She is in pain and can't sleep, nor sit nor stand for long as the weight on her shelf and lower joints is too much. She also has little Jack to look after, though at 3 he understands that mummy can't pick him up or get on the floor to play, he is still at the age where he needs lots of attention.

We know it will be hard work when the babies arrive but we shall all muck in when the time comes and are even doing stuff to help now.

Thanks for your good wishes once again. I shall keep you posted.

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • frogmorton
    Any news yet Legs??

Hope poor Mum is doing ok she sounds in pain :?

Love

Toni xxx
  • lindalegs
    Hi Toni,

Mum is in pain because her joints have loosened to prepare for the birth and they've loosened a bit too much which creates pain in all she does and doesn't do! She's doing physio to help and has a TENS machine too but she isn't having fun at the moment :(

Jack is coming here today and she will try to rest as she isn't sleeping because the babies make her so uncomfortable. Generally she is happy and excited but the 21st can't come soon enough for her!

Only 10 days to go now!

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Legs
    Poor mum, it must seem ages to the 21st..I do wish them all well..I'm getting excited has to what sex they will be... :D xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • lindalegs
    Me too Barbara or should I saw 'us' too! :candycane: :candycane:

Because of the length of time mummy has to go I've changed the Ad-twins calendar to a 'count-down' instead of 'count-up' so today's said 10-ish DAYS TO GO. I'm hoping watching the numbers decrease is better for her spirits. :areindeer: :areindeer:

Hope you and yours are okay?

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • frogmorton
    Oh the poor thing :(

Big HUGS to her from all of us on here ((()))

Love

Toni xxx
  • lindalegs
    Thanks Toni, I might encourage to read this thread. :santa2: :santa2:

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Oh congratulations!

They will be here in no time!! Not everyone gets new and extra legs for Christmas. :)