font change?

daffy2
daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
edited 9. Dec 2015, 04:10 in Community Chit-chat archive
Has anyone else noticed that the font has changed on the posts? It's much bigger and a clearer style now - well I am finding it so. The contrast I suspect is still a problem for some but this would help I imagine.
Now, can we please, pretty please, do something about the contrast/font/colour, whatever, for the topic titles. Time was I could tell at a glance which I had read thanks to different colours, now it's shades of grey and although I don't have problems vision wise in that area, I struggle to differentiate and end up re-reading things. Tiresome if time is short.
The recent changes due to the website revamp have been handled well(much better than others I have come across) and I continue to be grateful to all involved in its maintenance, but this is a continuing niggle.

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Thought it was me Daffy been playing round with the laptop and thought I made a boo boo,I like it though.
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    I like the bigger print too, but like Mig, thought it was something I`d inadvertently done.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    This is odd. I haven't noticed a bigger font and I actually think the headers are now clearer re which I have replied to and which I haven't.

My beef is the lack of page numbers under each topic so I have to click on Page 1 even though I want page 1001. A kind Mod suggested I cleared my something or other which I did but it hasn't changed.

Apart from that, plus the deathly pallor of the pale blue, I think the whole website is much improved though.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Hi everyone.

We have asked for the text to be made clearer by making it black on a white background. This change should appear soon.

It does look as though the font has been made slightly larger/clearer, but that may be as the "ticking list" due to the website update is completed.

You can make text larger yourself using the "View" facilities on your browser. Shortcuts, like Ctrl + should also work.

Please keep posting these points for improvement as we can then pass them on to AC to have things changed.

Mod B
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Thank you ModB. With all the permutations of devices that people use to view the forum it must be difficult at times to keep up with the effects of change. What works for one won't for another, and different tweaks are required, some by the forum boffins, some by the end user.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    My beef is the lack of page numbers under each topic so I have to click on Page 1 even though I want page 1001. A kind Mod suggested I cleared my something or other which I did but it hasn't changed.

Stickywicket

on the rt hand-side of the thread you are after is the name of the last poster and underneath that a small arrow. that takes you to the most up to date page.

I love not being to only person who couldn't do this!!!!

Love

Toni xxx

Ps my font grew too :shock:
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! :D:D:D

Frog, I think I love you :D

Thank you x 100.

And a Merry Techie Christmas to you too :D:D:D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    I always have to use the zoom button whatever forum I am on.

Thanks Toni for that very helpful tip.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I'd noted this but forgot to say thank you to the mods, so thank you Daffy for this thread. I find it clearer but I agree it must be tricky trying to please everyone with something like this. I don't use my 'phone or tablet for the forum because it's too faffy and I am too impatient. DD

d098.gif
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben