Is Friday sickness absence meeting day? I have one too!

slomo
slomo Member Posts: 180
I had my OccH appointment yesterday and when my boss emailed it to me he also said we needed to have the meet to discuss and agree my phased return to work. Silly me thought that when he emailed me his plan and I said yes that looked good, that was it agreed. Plus it seems a bit late in the day to be having such a meeting. My sick line runs out on 21st and allowing for 2015 leave still to be taken, I will be back at work in afternoon of 11/1. Really don't know what else can be said about it. OccH says I'm covered be Equalities Act and recommended a risk assessment of my work roles. (As our desk is a the main door of the office we often get landed with some reception type work like taking in parcels etc and I can't carry heavy things. I need 2 hands to carry 4pt bottle of milk from the shop across the road.) I've been told I can have union rep or anyone else with me if I wish but I'm not in the union and can't think of anyone else available to come so will be going it alone. Hubby says if I feel uncomfortable with the way the meeting goes I should just halt and say I'm not going on without advice/representation.
So, are you guys up for double pocket duties on Friday morning. Mine is at 10.30am (so my time doesn't clash with Slosh). Could do with the support as its hard not to be anxious.
Do you think they might just retire me with a golden handshake?!!!

slomo

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    What a coincidence! I would strongly recommend that you join a union as it can be very useful to get their advice. I found the advice from my rep very reassuring on this occasion and he was great earlier in the year supporting me in my application for flexible working. Good luck anyway.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • slomo
    slomo Member Posts: 180
    Well that's that over with and thankfully not as bad as I'd feared. Manager even said he was surprised we needed to have the meeting but HR had said he had to.
    My start back date is confirmed as 22/12, with the last of this year's leave being taken immediately meaning I'll not be physically in the office until 11/1 as we close completely for Christmas. My phased return plan has been confirmed by both of us, again, and the only real advantage I can see from the meeting is that it let me go over the whole situation again with my manager, him making notes now and then, and with no other distractions for either of us.
    He's going to email me the 'official' letter/report of the meeting, is going to arrange to have my computer password reset ready for me and is going to try to arrange for him to access my work emails so he can ditch some of the out of date stuff.
    So all seems good and I should (all things being equal and there being no hiccups) be back at work on 11/1.

slomo
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Glad it went well. :presents:
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich