New Job??

Lou001
Lou001 Member Posts: 51
I'm really considering changing my job. I've worked really hard studying to become a qualified accountant but I'm just not getting the experience I need from my current job.
Part of me accepts it and I keep telling myself that I should stay where I am, the other part of me doesn't want to give up on my dreams and throw away my hard work. The problem is, I feel like it's so unlikely that anyone else will consider employing me with this disease.
My current employer gives me time off for appointments, they are aware of what I'm going through and so far have been pretty supportive, but how likely is it that another employer will be as supportive?
I just don't know if I can cope with a massive change at the minute either.
I hate PsA. It's taking everything from me.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I know a few accountants in various different positions and the job does seem to be demanding. A friend's daughter was out of the country more than she was in until her maternity leave. My own daughter-in-law move into lecturing but that, too, brings its demands especially for the conscientious which she is.

It sounds as if you have a good employer so naturally you fear jumping into a worse situation.

Maybe the telling line is "I just don't know if I can cope with a massive change at the minute either." If your PsA is not under control it probably wouldn't be a good time for the stress of a move. On the other hand, if it is, why not go for it while you can?

Have you thought of ringing our helplines to talk things through? Sometimes it can help to clarify our thoughts.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    How about firstly making a list of pro's and con's for staying where you are.

Secondly, if you were to change what would you want from a job? What are your strengths? What about the cost or demands of any re-training needed?

Have you any ideas of what you would want to do?
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich