Cortisone

Options
lynnemarie1123
lynnemarie1123 Member Posts: 295
edited 22. Dec 2015, 04:32 in Living with Arthritis archive
Merry Christmas X
:santa2:
You you are all well X

I've got a issue ! - I'm under a rhumy consultant who initiated a MRI scan X result of that passed me into pain consultant who suggested cortisone injections into my hip joints. Which is great.

The week after I saw my normal consultant discussed my issues etc - she suggested a slow release cortisone injection for my other joint issues. I said I didn't want it to effect my hip injection going ahead. Reassured it wouldn't and cortisone would be out of my system by then. ( this is first week in October). The week after this I got a phone call saying they had a cancellation - I explained I'd had a s/r injection- she said she'd pop me back on the list.

Not heard from anyone since - on Saturday the pain consultant secretary phoned me to tell me they were removing me from their list as id had a injection elsewhere !
( she thought I'd gone private) I explained the situation, she said she'd get back to me!

I'm so upset that they are removing me! I really don't want to go thru the whole process again!, if I'd have thought the s/r would jepadise the procedure I would never have agreed.

Why can't consultants speak to one another ? - what do you think will happen now ?

My s/r has worked but in can tell it's coming to the end of its life. I need to know there is a light at the end of the tunnel X

Looking forward to your replies. X

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Right hands and left hands not communicating? Were both consultants at the same hospital? If not, that could explain it. Personally, I'd get back to the Pain Clinic to chase it up.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • lynnemarie1123
    Options
    Yes same hospital ! Daft eh !!
    I'll chase first week in Jan if I haven't heard anything - want to give them chance to reply X

I'm so upset with them :-(
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Personally I'd give the Pain Clinic a full week and then ring to check that you are at least still on their books. If someone says they'll get back to me I expect it to be in less than a week.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    No, it's not daft, it happens and little wonder it does; the number of patients that both must be dealing with is no doubt increasing and slips like this are bound to happen, and unluckily for you this was your turn - and very frustrating that is. I have reached the point where I am pleasantly surprised that what was promised would be done happens without too much intervention from me, I have learned to chase and keep everyone in the loop with me rather than them keeping me in their loop. I tend to have greater faith in the admin. if I'm involved because I am the one living with the reality of pain.

I would ring everyone involved, don't give them time because now we're on the real run-up to Christmas; I agree with Sticky, ring the Pain Clinic sooner rather than later. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • lynnemarie1123
    Options
    Thanks guys X I'm going to ring on Monday - this gives them over a week. I'm going to phone my normal consultant and chase too ! Your right I need to be pro active rather than re active :-) X
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I think that's a good plan. Good luck with it.
    Steven Wright
  • lynnemarie1123
    Options
    Update

So I chased the hospital today. They'd wanted to take me off the list as I wasn't going to be dealt with within 3 month timescale !!! Uff :xmas_rolleyes:

Basically because of government guidelines. However she's made me an app for 12th Jan ( which I can cope with) to re evaluate! His secretary said I wouldn't have been seen til then anyway ! :xmas_rolleyes:

Then I phoned my normal consultant to chase my app with them. Went start of October and my supposed next app was 8 weeks ! Big fuss with rhumy secretary and then booking service who were both blaming each other! Was then phoned back to say I didn't need to be seen for 6 month following last app! ( slightly different from 8 weeks me thinks) so god knows what's going on!
    Fed up of hospitals! I'm going to look forward n try to enjoy Christmas with the help of my medications and alcohol ( for medicinal purposes obvs : X )
    My condition worsens over Xmas as I'm less active so everything stiffens :-(

Wishing you all a very merry Christmas xx :santa2:
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Sorted then. After a fashion.

'Less active over Christmas'? Come with me to my son's. PLEASE. I can help you :lol:
    Steven Wright
  • lynnemarie1123
    Options
    Same hospital X I did chase with pain clinic X that's the one I'm now seeing on 12th Jan X