Twins

Comments

• lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Boomer13 wrote:
    Oh congratulations!

They will be here in no time!! Not everyone gets new and extra legs for Christmas. :)

:lol::lol::lol: Thanks Bloomer!

Love,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    lindalegs wrote:
    Thanks Toni, I might encourage to read this thread. :santa2: :santa2:

Love,

It might cheer her up knowing all these 'strangers' are exited too!!

t61027.gif
  • lindalegs
    I think so too, Toni. I love the image, very appropriate :lol::lol: :presents: :presents:

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • lindalegs
    Mummy had to go to hospital, blood readings gone haywire!! :shock: :shock: Mr Legs and I have a 3 year old lodger for the night. :D

I'll keep you posted when I can :)

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Best of luck Linda.Hope the little lodger behaves.

Elizabeth xx
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    OOOH its exciting . Mig
  • lindalegs
    Sorry, false alarm!!

The babies had to have their heartbeats checked and movements monitored, they are fine and not in danger and hopefully will stay cocooned till Monday.

My little lodger was a poppet and bedtime was so wonderful with Mr Legs one side of him and me the other whispering stories till he fell happily to sleep cuddling his fluffy little lion. We crept downstairs till our bedtime and then he not only slept through but he laid in till 9:00am!! What a star! :areindeer: :areindeer:

A little wave to Mig and 'E' a010.gif

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • tkachev
    We can handle false alarms Linda!

He is so lucky to have such lovely Grandparents.

Elizabeth x

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    So glad to hear the twins have been checked out...phew all is well, and how lovely for Jack to have such quality time with you both...he wont want to go home... :presents: not long now .... :xmas_cool: xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • lindalegs
    Hi Elizabeth and Barbara,

Yes, we were relieved too, though mummy was hoping that they would be delivered, still not long now. Tonight she has her first steroid injection to boost the little ones lungs and she'll have another tomorrow. Apparently they deliver twins early because the cramped space can damage their soft joints. My friend's twin granddaughters had to have physiotherapy after they were born because their ankles weren't lying correctly. I thought there'd be a good reason for it. :D

When Jack stayed over on Tuesday he asked me if mummy had gone to get the babies from hospital ....all because I told him last time I saw him that on his next sleepover this is what would be happening ...oops! These little ones don't forget anything! :roll: :lol:

Anyway it's Jack-day tomorrow, our favourite day of the week! :santa2: :santa2:

Take care of yourselves.

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Linda you are in in for so much love and fun, my friend has twin GC.. they are 8 now, a boy and a girl..watching them grow up has been brilliant, from holding hands when they were baby's, to there cheeky antics together..hugging one another in bed..but I used to love watching them swap food when in there high chairs... :candycane: heee wish I could knit.. :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • lindalegs
    barbara12 wrote:
    Linda you are in in for so much love and fun, my friend has twin GC.. they are 8 now, a boy and a girl..watching them grow up has been brilliant, from holding hands when they were baby's, to there cheeky antics together..hugging one another in bed..but I used to love watching them swap food when in there high chairs... :candycane: heee wish I could knit.. :lol:

That sounds great Barbara. :D

It's so strange to think that in three short days they will be here. At the moment they are two small unknown people who will change all our lives. On Monday their lives will begin with all its complexities and we are here to share the ride. We are so fortunate, its hard to believe they're really, nearly here! a080.gif

I think I'm repeating and rambling now so I shall go and do something mundane so I can just reflect and enjoy this part of it all :D

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    I`m so pleased everything went well with your daughter`s check - it must be so exciting for you all. I always think twins must be `happiness in stereo.` We love having our little grandsons for sleepovers too - hope all goes well on the 21st!!
  • lindalegs
    EEEEK! MUMMY'S HAVING REGULAR PAINS! SHE'S OFF TO THE HOSPITAL!

I'll try to keep you posted!

PS Thanks Theresa but they might be on their way today!!!!

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Gas and air Legs ! Mig
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    If she hangs on until tomorrow the twins will be born on MY birthday!! ( But for your daughter's sake I hope they come before then! )
  • lindalegs
    Thanks Mig and Theresa.

Her contractions have subsided but she's been kept in hospital. Daddy has been sent home to get some sleep and wait for the phone call to go back.

My 3-year old lodger is in the bath and doesn't know how much his little life is about to change!

Theresa the babies could well share your birthday! Have a good one if I forget tomorrow! :D

Right Grandpops Legs and my lodger are coming down now so my attention is needed elsewhere.

Have a goodnight all. :santa2: :santa2:

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    How lovely. I've been following your thread keenly the past few days. I hope it all goes well, Mummy and babies are all healthy, Daddy survives the experience without passing out and that Jack sleeps well tonight as it sounds like he's going to have a very exciting day tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to seeing the announcement telling us all about your new grandchildren.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • frogmorton
    Ooooh LEGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How exiting and terrifying!!

The little lodger will be just fine I'm sure. I remember breaking my heart as I was going in to have Lucy that Charley would never forgive me. She did though and loved her maybe even more, (if that's possible), than us adults :cheesygrin:

Love

Toni xxx
  • lindalegs
    a010.gifa010.gifHi GraceB and Toni

Still waiting!

Mummy is still being monitored in hospital so no new babies yet! :roll:

My little lodger has been a perfect poppet and even had a dry pull-up this morning so lots of cheering and whooping g015.gifHis daddy has taken him on the Santa Express train..... :santa2: img88.gif ........this morning so we're hoping the babies hang on for a few hours yet :wink:

Right going to catch up on chores whilst the little lodger is being entertained :D

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • tkachev
    It would be nice if they came when they were ready rather than when the hospital decides.

Good luck and I will be checking in to see if there is any more news.

Elizabeth x

ps. Luke sounds nice with Smith xx

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • lindalegs
    tkachev wrote:
    It would be nice if they came when they were ready rather than when the hospital decides.

Good luck and I will be checking in to see if there is any more news.

Elizabeth x
    ps. Luke sounds nice with Smith xx

Hi Elizabeth,

They deliver twins early because with them being so cramped their soft little joints can be damaged. My friend's twin granddaughters had to have physio after they were born because their little ankles were twisted in such a way that it would've made walking very difficult. I've only just learnt this because I too, used to think they should wait till they're cooked :D

If they haven't already got Luke as a suggestion I'll see what they say ....though they may already have made up their minds with 4 options for each for sex just in case they double up. :wink::D

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • tkachev
    oh yes I fully support the reasons why they book cesareans or induce but even nicer if they are ready to be born now.

Elizabeth xxx

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • frogmorton
    Ah bless him! I hope Santa's train was fun :)

Just popping by to check up on the latest. I wonder whether anything has happened overnight :xmas_confused:

Tomorrow is the day anyway now. I am confident of a safe and healthy delivery soon :cheesygrin:

I can't wait to hear who she has!!!

t8301.gif
    Fingers crossed now

Love

Toni xxx
  • lindalegs
    Hi All a120.gif and also to Elizabeth a120.gifand Toni a120.gif,

No news ......still waiting!

Love,
    Love, Legs x