Flare up just before Christmas!!

bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 21. Dec 2015, 11:58 in Living with Arthritis archive
I haven't been feeling great all week but yesterday felt really rotten. Was really lethargic, my joints hurt, then it clicked beginning of a flare up. It all made sense after how I had been feeling! I didn't have to tell my OH when he got home from work and I was in bed and he took one look at me and guessed! What a lovely Christmas present, thanks Arther do you still have the receipt?
Well I'm off to the hospital this afternoon to see the my Consultant who did the Bunion Operation. The foot isn't great still painful, swollen and red. Still painful to walk on, so will see what he says. :xmas_cry:

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Good luck with your appointment and I hope you feel better soon. Mig
  • Ladybrown
    Ladybrown Member Posts: 130
    Hope your appointment goes well. Arthur always seems to feel generous at this time of year, doesn't he? :xmas_evil:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Bunion ops can take a while to get over, feet do not have much flesh on them so healing can take longer than elsewhere on the body. You seem to be in a permanent flare, you need proper medication )if you have an auto-immune condition) to get things under control. My OA doesn't flare but pain levels ramp up if I've overdone things - and that this time of the year that is easily done! I hope you feel better soon. DD

:carolers:
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Feeling lethargic and joints hurting isn't necessarily the start of a flare: sometimes it's just the end of overdoing things. I hope that's the case for you, bubbadog. I think we can all plead guilty at this time of year. I hope the bed rest helped.

I also hope the consultant's happy with your bunion op. Feet can be nasty, painful things.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • PetiteN
    PetiteN Member Posts: 87
    bubbadog wrote:
    I haven't been feeling great all week but yesterday felt really rotten. Was really lethargic, my joints hurt, then it clicked beginning of a flare up. It all made sense after how I had been feeling! I didn't have to tell my OH when he got home from work and I was in bed and he took one look at me and guessed! What a lovely Christmas present, thanks Arther do you still have the receipt?
    Well I'm off to the hospital this afternoon to see the my Consultant who did the Bunion Operation. The foot isn't great still painful, swollen and red. Still painful to walk on, so will see what he says. :xmas_cry:[/quote

Sorry to hear this.

It's a pretty busy/stressful time of year, which can aggravate everything.

I hope you feel better soon, and I hope something positive and helpful came out of seeing your Consultant.]
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Sorry you are not feeling good bubba, Im with PetiteN..its can be so stressful at this time of the year, you must try and take it easy and have some me time..good luck with your appointment I hope you feel better before Christmas..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Thanks guys! Well my consultant was lovely, you are all pretty much right, he thinks I've over done it and not rested my foot enough and not so much a flare. I've been told to rest my foot raised and wear a pressure stocking. And I've got to have MRI scan on my left ankle so he can decided whether to fuse it or not. So now I can relax and enjoy Christmas! :candycane:
  • PetiteN
    PetiteN Member Posts: 87
    That's good news :-)

Hope you're able to rest, enjoy Christmas :xmas_cool:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    bubba, it's very easy to overdo things, naturally we expect immediate results from surgery because we live in an immediate age: it's the time of 'I want (and deserve) satisfaction NOW because it's an option'. Really? :wink: What we forget is that healing takes a deal of time because that has never been (and probably never will be) an immediate event. It's far from easy being a patient patient but sometimes needs must. Please ensure you get enough rest, that is so important. DD

PS I note that same-day delivery is happening - what I would like to understand is why isn't delivery-before-I-knew- I- wanted-it an option?
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben