Another operation

Options
LittleKath01
LittleKath01 Member Posts: 10
edited 20. Dec 2015, 13:57 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well it's that time again. On Monday I go for yet another operation. This time it's to remove bone from my hand. The lower thumb bone. Has anyone had this option and how did it go. Not looking forward to not being able to do things with out help for a while and not being able to drive. How long do you have to imbolise the hand for. Lots of questions but if you have had this op you will know what I mean. So any advice would be helpful. Been off my meds now for a week (hospital instructions. They are blood thinners) just getting to the point where the pain in the rest of my body is getting unbearable.
Merry Christmas to everyone. :carolers:

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Littlekath :)

Best of luck to you for your procedure :xmas_confused:

Good thing to be off your meds - safety first :)

I hope all goes well for you

love

Toni xxx

PS have you also posted this on living with arthritis forum?? Just in-case more people over there have had this operation.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    Topic moved to Living With Arthritis Forum and duplicate post deleted. :presents:

Mod B
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    hello littlekath
    I think its called a trapeziectomy, I am down for it to be done, but other ops will come first, we do have a couple of people on here that have had it done, if they dont see this, I would put a search in the box at the top
    Love
    Barbara
  • LittleKath01
    LittleKath01 Member Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi yes. I have found the other entries. Very informative too. Yes I had other operations first. Had this one on hold but got to the stage where I had to say no more. Waiting for my 3rd knee replacement. Second leg straightened. Other thumb doing and carpol tunnel both hands. Ankle last. Got enough planned to keep me going into my old (old) age.
    What does a day without pain feel like.
    Got to keep smiling. At least I an healthy.
    Kath