Cortisone Injection

JamesFoote
JamesFoote Member Posts: 86
edited 21. Dec 2015, 07:58 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have had my neck and lower back done a few time now but this time is killing me. I have such a bad head it is making me feel sick and movement feels stiff and painful. I had it done Tuesday 15th in the morning morning and today it is still bad 18th December

Has anyone else had this problem if so amy idea how long before it passes

I am also having a bad time with my colitis, I may just have a bug

James

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I'm sorry I can't help, James. I do have OA in my neck as do several others on here but i don't recall anyone ever mentioning they'd had it injected. Backs yes. Quite a few have but it's very quiet on here in the run-up to Xmas and I expect no-one who has had them has seen your thread. i hope it's easing up a bit now. If in doubt see a doc.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Which bit of you was injected this time and did you do the rest for 48 hours after thing? Sometimes these things can take some time to kick in and on other occasions they do nothing. I've had a number of injections in both knees and one in my right ankle - that was the only successful one. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello James sorry I cant help , I have had the injections in a few places but not the neck..the only that helps mine is my heated wheat bag..and gently moving the neck...I do hope it eases up for you..
    Love
    Barbara
  • JamesFoote
    JamesFoote Member Posts: 86
    Thanks for the replies

It has been a week now and it has all been sorted out.
    I understand sometime the needle may go a bit deep and knick something, this can give a very bad head for a week or so.
    I did rest and this has really help.

I was a bit worried then but all turned out ok.
    I have found these injections to be fantastic and work very well but don't last the three months between shots this is when my morphine increases by a third but I get it down after my visit.

Thanks again

James