Twins

Comments

• lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    We didn't get a call till 5:00pm because mummy's isn't too well although she is a little better now.

No names given yet.

We don't know their weight yet either but we have had a photo and daddy says they're fine.

Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts. xxxx

Love,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    WOW one of each...so very pleased indeed.. I hope that Mum and the Twins are doing ok... n015.gifmany congratulation ...I can go to bed now .. :lol: and hopefully Nana and GD legs will sleep well.. e035.gif
    Love and hugs to all of you...and its Elna's Birthday today... :presents: ((())) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    YIPEE,congratulations to the whole family.What a christmas you're going to have,behave yourself Legs try not to do too much. X Mig
  • barbara12
    Aww bless I think we overlapped..I hope Mummy is feeling better xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Congratulations on the wonderful news Linda.

I'm sure it has taken a lot out of DIL. I am reminded now of the lady who had twins when Lucy was born, she did look like she had been in the wars when she was brought onto the ward. I'm hoping she will be better soon.

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    This is wonderful news! Congratulations to all of you, especially young Jack. I do hope he's had his first cuddle - if the twins are big enough for this of course.

I kept checking the thread after I got home from work and then I saw the delightful news.

I hope your daughter-in-law stays in hospital for as long as possible so she can recover from the birth as much as she can as with having a lively toddler at home, as well as worrying about the twins, will be emotionally draining for her.

I hope you and Granddad are still grinning from ear to ear.

Looking forward to having a further update of names, weights and - if Mum & Dad allow - perhaps a photo or two?

Congratulations again.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • slomo
    slomo Member Posts: 180
    Congratulations on the terrific news.
    What a wonderful Christmas present!

slomo
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    A boy and a girl!! How wonderful - congrats to all! I can't imagine a better Christmas gift.

Hope Mum will feel stronger tomorrow, and I'm delighted for you all.
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    One of each, what a clever girl. Keeps everyone happy. Hope mum is soon feeling better and able to enjoy the new arrivals.
  • lindalegs
    Thank you so much everyone!

It has been a day full of emotion. We received a message first thing this morning to say they were going into the delivery suite before anyone else, then we heard nothing. Luckily with Jack being here there wasn't too much time to dwell on it. Then around 3:00pm we received a text from daddy saying 'We have babies!' and that he would ring us when mummy 'came round'. Then nothing till 5:00pm. Son Legs was no good at detail as it makes him hot under the collar :oops: and mummy wasn't well enough to talk. :roll:

Since then we've had a phone call, a photo and lots of texts. Mummy is back on the ward but, as yet, no one has been to see the babies because mummy and daddy want Jack to meet them first. When we showed him the photo he declared that the baby in the yellow hat was his sister and his brother hasn't got a hat! I wonder if he's right.

I'll ask mummy and daddy's permission if I can post a photo tomorrow.

Thank you all for your good wishes
    and Theresa for keeping the water boiling :lol:

Anyway it's very late and I have an email to write to my friends as I'm shouting from the rooftops that ...

I'M A PUFFED-UP-PROUD NANNALEGS BECAUSE I HAVE TWO GRANDSONS AND A GRANDDAUGHTER!

Lots of love,
    Love, Legs x
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Congratulations! Wonderful news
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • barbara12
    Linda the waiting must have been awful..but now you can relax, and you deserve to be puffed up :D ..must say I shed a few tears when your news came through....I cant wait to see a pic ..but in your own time...I hope they are all doing ok...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    The waiting was awful, and of course you fear the worst. But now they are both here safe and sound, one with a hat and one without.

I'm secretly pleased that at least one was a girl.

Hope you get to cuddle them soon,

Elizabeth xxx
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    shall we get knitting another hat :) ...hope you have had a cuddle Linda.. if not ..hopefully very soon :presents: ...these are for you Nana for all that worrying.. c015.gif
    Love
    Barbara
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Magical news! I hope all three are now doing well and enjoying many cuddles. Congratulations on more gorgeous grandchildren and a big welcome to the world to them both :presents: :cheesygrin:
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • GraceB
    I hope by now you've met your new grandchildren and that they're doing as well as possible.

Do you know their names yet and their weights? I do hope they are both doing well and that Jack has met his new little brother and sister.

GraceB
  • lindalegs
    Thank you so much for all your good wishes everyone and for the lovely flowers Barbara. :D:D

We took Jack to hospital today to meet his new brother and sister. He was very impressed with them especially as they'd bought him a turntable and 'lifting bridge' for his train set. He did explain to them how they worked and told them that they couldn't share because they were too little. :lol: He did let them borrow his cuddly lion and Toffee (a little rabbit) who are very precious to him!

The babies weigh 5lb 7oz each, though the girl is slightly bigger at this stage. We have a first name for each baby but mummy and daddy haven't settled on a middle name yet.

Jack has gone home with daddy tonight because he needs his own bed and toys but he will be back early here because daddy has to go to work! :shock:

As I type I'm endeavouring to upload a photo but Photobucket isn't playing very nicely at the moment, unfortunately! :x :roll: If it doesn't load soon I shall endeavour to have a go tomorrow.
    Nope, no joy and I'm tired so I shall have to try again in the morning when Jack is entertained elsewhere.

............oh and their names are Isabelle and Oliver! :D:D

Love to all,
    Love, Legs x
  • lindalegs
    Oliver20and20Isabelle20JPEG_zpspnnerctt.jpg

May I introduce, one day old, Isabelle (left) and Oliver (right) :D:D

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh bless - that degree of peace and quiet won't last :wink: . I hope mummy is feeling a little better. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    I want to kiss and cuddle and hug,beautiful ,well done mum. Mig
  • barbara12
    Oh Linda my heart has just melted...I do adore newborns..and what lovely names they have chosen..I think that Jack will be a brilliant big brother..bless he was the baby once...but will always be the first born :areindeer: ..love to all of you xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Oh, what beautiful babies - I'm sitting here with a lump in my throat! What a wonderful gift!

I love their names, and bless Jack for letting them borrow his precious toys.

I hope you all have a very special Christmas with your new additions.
  • lindalegs
    Thank you.

I do read all your messages, but as I just grab a window between being with Jack I'm unable to answer you all. You do make me smile!

Picture1_zpsdu7hirwj.jpg

To give you an idea of size, here is Grandpops Legs holding them. This time Oliver is on the left and Isabelle on the right.

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Oh Legs!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are adorable :)

So sweet!! So much hair too!

I am so pleased for you all

Love and ((()))

Toni xxx
  • GraceB
    Thank you for letting us see the lovely photos. You have two beautiful grandchildren!

Congratulations again to all, especially Jack. It's fantastic he felt able to let the babies have his favourite toys. I hope Jack enjoys playing with his new toys.

I suppose next question is - when does everyone go home? Will the family all be reunited for Christmas? I hope so.

Thanks again.

GraceB