Yesterday I witnessed a Christmas miracle

Boomer13
Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
edited 23. Dec 2015, 10:54 in Living with Arthritis archive
I was waiiting in the doctor's office yesterday (yes, on a Sunday). A young family came in with two boys about eight years old. Dad slapped masks on the boys, made them wash their hands right away and stood over them insisting the masks stay on their faces. He was dousing them with hand sanitizing gel every 5 mins. I nearly fell off my seat! I've never seen this kind of thing before! A true miracle, I think.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I do marvel that I seem to be the only one using the alcohol gel in my health centre but that seems like overkill. What's he trying to commuunicate? OCD?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    That sounds to me like a Dad who's used to dealing with health issues, either on his behalf or for another family member. Would that everyone was so responsible . . . . . I hope you congratulated him! DD

:candycane:
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh the gel yes but mask...the poor children ...unless they had something horrible they could spread... :xmas_evil:
    Love
    Barbara
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    I think they did, Barbara. They seemed very sick with a nasty bug. No fun and at Christmas too, poor kids.

Yes, DD I think probably you're right about dad....Still I have hope that it may be a trend. :areindeer: