Twins

Comments

• lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I can answer that one Grace because daddy fetched mummy and the babies home tonight. :D:D:D

It was late and although they wanted to go home as a whole family we all decided it was better that Jack stay here as he was in the bath and nearly ready for bed. (Plus the thought of them with two babies, mummy with her Cesarean tummy, baggage and then a tired, fractious 3 year old needing attention just didn't bode well. :shock: :shock: )

Jack is fast asleep and is excited at going home to his house tomorrow where mummy, daddy, Oliver, Isabelle and Nelson (their dog) await him to give him a royal welcome! :D

Happy Christmas one and all.

Love to everyone,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Aww bless him :)

A big brother now :cheesygrin:

I bet your hearts are swelling with pride.

Love

Toni xxx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    They are beautiful with beautiful names. You can tell them apart, as you say Isabelle looks a bit bigger.

How kind of them to buy Jack his train track accessories and for him to share his beloved soft toys. :wink:

Hope they are settling in and Mummy and Daddy are all sorted for Christmas. I can imagine they are overwhelmed at the moment but do have such wonderful support to help them through the coming months.

All the best for a peaceful Christmas
    Elizabeth xx
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • lindalegs
    Thank you all so much.

All newborns are beautiful to my mind; so little, so perfect, so vulnerable and innocent. I can't believe how lucky we are.

People ask me how I will manage with a grandson and 2 little babies but they forget that when my own boys were little; one aged 2 and the other a newborn arthur crashed down on my life and I still coped ....somehow. Others think we 'only' have pain they don't know the bone draining fatigue especially during a massive flare. I know that I am much older now but with Enbrel my RA is in remission and I have energy once again so I know I will cope far better than I did in my young days :D

We arthritics are made of stern stuff and we don't easily fold! ...I feel this is fast becoming a battle cry so I'm shutting up now.

Thank you from the start of this thread:

Toni
    Barbara
    Slosh
    Carol
    Grace
    Joan
    Elizabeth
    Bubba
    LV
    Theresa
    SW
    Boomer
    Mig
    Slomo
    DD and
    Daffy

Love to you all and also others following this thread who haven't posted. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and a healthy 2016. :D
    Love, Legs x
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Thank you Linda for sharing this very special time with us.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Linda it was a privilege to share it all with you...the little bundles are gorgeous..you all have a lovely Christmas..a very extra special one...some hugs for big brother...(()) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • lindalegs
    It was a joy to share! :D

We're going to a party tonight. Our first alcohol since September because we were on call. Off duty now so we can relax and raise a glass to our new bundles of joy and their big brother! a035.gif

Cheers! c030.gif

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • frogmorton
    Thank you Legs

now off you go to enjoy the best Christmas you've ever had I should think ;)

:areindeer:

Love

Toni xxx
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Oh Linda, I am so sorry to have missed this. I haven't been around much the past few weeks.

Happy, happy, happy Christmas to the whole Legs family including the gorgeously named, lovely, new arrivals and to the proud big brother. Congratulations to the whole family! :xmas_mrgreen:
  • lindalegs
    Thank you Toni.

And please don't apologise Starburst, no need, thanks for your good wishes. :D

Today we have the babies second names. They are Oliver William and Isabelle Louise.

Our eldest son and partner Skyped from the US where he is meeting his girlfriend's family for the first time and spending Christmas with them.

Mummy, daddy, Jack, Oliver and Isabelle have just gone home so NannaLegs and Grandpops are going to have a glass of wine and some Christmas cake whilst watching Downton.

What a perfect day! :D:D

(Boy am I tired now!!! Though it was well worth it! :wink:)

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • frogmorton
    Legs that really really does sound a perfect Christmas day!!

Oliver William and Isabelle Louise have a lovely ring to each of them :)

I hope your other son in the US gets on ok.

and that Nannalegs and Grandpops enjoyed their wine and Downton ;)

Love

Toni xxx
  • lindalegs
    Thanks Toni.

I'm really touched that they've chosen William as part of Oliver's name because it was my dad's first name :D

I hope you, Mr Toni, Lucy and Charley have had a lovely Christmas ....hope I didn't miss anyone out ......oops just remebered you have a cat too :oops: . Anyway hope all was good in the Toni household :carolers:

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • barbara12
    Linda what a lovely Christmas you all had..I used to say tired but happy..were the GC are involved that is :D ..and the little boy being named after your dad,is the icing on the cake... I hope mum is recovering well..love to all of you xxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Just seen the photo's what beautiful babies and what a lovely Christmas gift. I'm sure it must have been tiring having to look after Jack and have a house full but also a joy. Now you can relax.
  • lindalegs
    Thank you Barbara and Bubba.

I thought I was well organised on Christmas morning because I prepared the stuffing, cooked Jack some pasta (he's a very fussy eater) par cooked the potatoes and turnips ready for roasting and when they all arrived it went to pot.

By dinnertime I'd burnt the pigs-in-blankets, hadn't made enough gravy and overcooked the vegetables till they were limp! :shock: :shock:

You see I just had to keep going in to gaze at the babies, play with Jack and stroke Nelson their dog who'd come to join the festivities.

Do I care about my culinary failure? Not a jot is the answer because I can produce a good plate of food anytime but it's taken me a lifetime to grow a wonderful family! I am so lucky :D:D

Mr Legs and I have had a much appreciated couple of days rest since Christmas Day. We are now ready to help out again when necessary. Mummy is getting better but it's early days yet, luckily we are all on hand when we're needed.

Hope you had a good Christmas too!

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    By dinnertime I'd burnt the pigs-in-blankets, hadn't made enough gravy and overcooked the vegetables till they were limp!
    Sounds like a fairly normal Christmas dinner for many up and down the land....
    You are so right about getting it in perspective though - it's just one meal, nobody died, no-one will have gone hungry, everyone will have had a good time and the family was enjoying time together.
  • lindalegs
    daffy2 wrote:
    Sounds like a fairly normal Christmas dinner for many up and down the land....
    You are so right about getting it in perspective though - it's just one meal, nobody died, no-one will have gone hungry, everyone will have had a good time and the family was enjoying time together.

Quite right Daffy. It's people who matter at the end of the day! :cheesygrin:

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • barbara12
    Linda that is a brilliant post..sorry to laugh.. but who cares about the food with two little bundles of joy and one bigger bundle Jack... :D glad you have managed some rest...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • lindalegs
    barbara12 wrote:
    Linda that is a brilliant post..sorry to laugh.. but who cares about the food with two little bundles of joy and one bigger bundle Jack... :D glad you have managed some rest...xx

Who cares indeed Barbara :lol:

I say 'rest' but for any woman that means catching up with chores ......just finished ironing, after tackling 3 lots of washing!
    a030.gifa025.gif

Now Mr Legs has just opened a bottle of chilled white so I shall put my feet up and watch some TV ......something else I have to catch up on!

A woman's work .......

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Sounds like you have had a busy but extremely happy time with your family.

I do hope that Jack had a wonderful Christmas, the babies continue to thrive and that Mummy is healing well.

Enjoy that drink - you both deserve it!

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • lindalegs
    Thank you Grace we did enjoy our glass of vino and even the small glass of port afterwards :wink:

Unfortunately Isabelle was admitted to hospital yesterday! :cry:
    She's always been very sleepy but she hasn't been taking enough milk.
    She is jaundiced which is making her sleepy.
    Daddy is with her and mummy is at home with Oliver and Jack feeling torn in two!
    We are just waiting for news now.

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Oh dear, Linda, I do hope Isabelle is soon back at home with her family. I can imagine how Mum must be feeling.
  • lindalegs
    Thank you Theresa.

Isabelle is reunited with her brothers again. She is now feeding and taking more than the minimum requirement of 50ml. Her sleepiness is improving and should continue to do so once her liver is working properly. Her bilirubin levels are dropping which will help too and she has gained a little weight. Everything's going in the right direction again. :D

Happy and healthy 2016
    6.gif

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    I'm glad she is better now and safely home. My Charlotte had to go back into hospital when a few days old. We lived in an unheated house with ice on the inside windows and she was a tad blue. It was horrible so know how your DIL must have felt!

3 of her half-Brothers are called Jack, Oliver and William!

Did you see the twins born one on New Years Eve and one on New Years Day!

Happy New Year to you and yours.

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • lindalegs
    tkachev wrote:
    I'm glad she is better now and safely home. My Charlotte had to go back into hospital when a few days old. We lived in an unheated house with ice on the inside windows and she was a tad blue. It was horrible so know how your DIL must have felt!

3 of her half-Brothers are called Jack, Oliver and William!

Did you see the twins born one on New Years Eve and one on New Years Day!

Happy New Year to you and yours.

Elizabeth x

Brrrrr......and look at your Charlotte now eh Elizabeth :D I remember ice on the inside of windows too! :lol::lol:

What a coincidence with my grandchildren and your family! They are good traditional names, I'm pleased to say! If Mr Legs and I had've had a daughter we would have called her Charlotte Louise! We obviously like the same names!

I didn't see the twins at NY but I shall look them up now. :D

Thanks Elizabeth, wishing you and yours a happy 2016 :D

Love,
    Love, Legs x