amie08
amie08 Member Posts: 14
edited 20. Jan 2016, 02:58 in Say Hello Archive
Hey everyone,

I'm new to all this so just thought I'd say hello!
My name is Amie. I'm 24 years old with JIA and Fibromyalgia. I was diagnosed with JIA when I was 7 and got the Fibro diagnosis in 2014. My fiancée also has Fibro so can be a lot for us to handle. We were both diagnosed after we met which is strange!

Feel free to say hello :)

Thanks x

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Amie08

Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums. As mods we are here to help with any problems you may have on the message boards.

There are lots of lovely people here with a wide range of experiences with arthritis and the problems of living with the condition. Just join in wherever you like you will be made very welcome.

I look forward to seeing you posting on the boards.

All best wishes
    Mod B
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, it's nice to meet you but I am sorry you have had the need to find us. I have PsA, OA and fibro and I am considerably older than you (in fact I can't recall being your age but I must have been!) I started my arthritis aged 37 but my childhood was dogged by other auto-immune troubles.

I'm not too well at the moment (nothing to do with the arthritis, just a bug) so won't hang around: the forum is quiet at the weekends so bear with us, it may be worth re-posting on the Living with Arthritis board because most folk look in on that one. I wish you both well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello amie08 and a warm welcome from me..I do feel for you young ones having arthritis....I have a little friend with jia he is 12 now..and I am always amazed at how upbeat he is, it must be hard you both having fibro ..but at least you will be able to support one another ..so glad you have joined us, you just jump in anywhere..I look forward to seeing your name around the forum :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • amie08
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Hello, it's nice to meet you but I am sorry you have had the need to find us. I have PsA, OA and fibro and I am considerably older than you (in fact I can't recall being your age but I must have been!) I started my arthritis aged 37 but my childhood was dogged by other auto-immune troubles.

I'm not too well at the moment (nothing to do with the arthritis, just a bug) so won't hang around: the forum is quiet at the weekends so bear with us, it may be worth re-posting on the Living with Arthritis board because most folk look in on that one. I wish you both well. DD
    Thank you so much :) i hope you start to feel better soon! Totally new to this whole forum thing! X

• hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Aimee
    Welcome to the forum from me
    Like DD says its good to say hello but other forums are read more closely. Living with arthritis is one of them.
    Hope you hear you around
    Love
    Hileena
  • Ladybrown
    Ladybrown Member Posts: 130
    Hello and welcome!
    I am a bit intermittent as being at work takes up all my energy so I usually have a read about 10-11pm after my evening nap :roll:

I'm 40 and have OA so not the same as yours but I do find the forums really helpful
    x
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Hi Amie, and a warm welcome to you - hope you enjoy the forum now that you have found us.
  • amie08
    Thank you everyone :) been having a rough couple of months, had fluid drained off my right knee twice in the last 3 months, moat recent was last monday and now back to square one with my other knee the exact same. Really struggling and my work dont really understand either x

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Thank you for your good wishes, they are much appreciated. Things are now improving so I'm going to risk restarting my meds.

If you want to see a fat woman on crutches attempt to run tell her that her knees need draining and sterloid-ing. :wink: I've coped with many things over my years but that is the one thing that I cannot handle any more - I'm shuddering as I type! :o The only good thing about it was the 48 hour bedrest after, now that bit I did enjoy! Sadly, however, the procedure was never effective for my knees for any length of time. :roll:

I think that our conditions are very hard for people to understand - sometimes they're hard for us too! People associate going to hospital, seeing doctors and taking medicines with getting better and being returned to health, the fact that we don't is mind-boggling. I'm sure that if you had been given £1 for every time you've been told that you're too young for arthritis (that's for grannies etc.) you'd be quite well-off by now. Have you read The Spoon Theory and There's a Gorilla in my House? Both are on the net and give clear, concise explanations of the challenges those with diseases such as ours face every day and can be useful reads for bosses, friends and family. Employers need reliable staff, which is understandable, and though we might be very keen to work we cannot guarantee our reliability, hence the troubles we can run into. I was fortunate in that I was self-employed so could dictate what I did and how much of it - the relief of retiring surprised me, to this day I wake up grateful as the Spouse wanders off at 6.45am that I can go back to sleep! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben