One of those days

theresak
theresak Member Posts: 1,998
edited 26. Jan 2016, 13:54 in Living with Arthritis archive
Yes, you will all recognise the day I'm having today, when your body refuses to work in sync with your brain and your joints just won't do anything you want them to.

It's now 2.30 pm, and I'm still waiting for the morning stiffness to wear off. I feel totally seized up, and increasingly fed up, as I had a number of jobs I wanted to get on with today. I know they will keep, but I think this may be the start of a flare, as I have nasty rib pain, and a little man seems to be beating a tattoo in the area around my left hip. Ah well, I think I'm going to do the sensible thing and put my feet up until the storm passes, as it were.

Take care all.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    It doesn't sound good, does it? I think you had exactly the right plan but whether that will be a solution or merely help a little is, I guess, in the lap of the arthritis gods.

I know you've had a lot to deal with recently with your bil's stroke. (How is he? And your sister?) It's not just the rushing about trying to help but also the emotional toll not to mention the mental effort of trying to work out how best we can support.

You know the ropes as well as anyone. Keep your feet up tomorrow and watch the cricket though there's not much inspiration there at the moment either :roll:

((( )))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • stickywicket
    How are things today, Tezz?
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Thanks for asking, Sticky. I`ve had an unscheduled early trip to see my GP this morning. Last night, while getting dry after my shower, I discovered a horrible looking `lump` for want of a better word, on an intimate part of my anatomy - apologies for TMI. This, apparently, is a ` Barthelin`s Cyst,`( never heard of it & no idea how to spell it.) which has become infected. I`m running a temperature, and I now have a week`s course of penicillin.

The flare continues apace, and my GP said just to rest, and if the cyst doesn`t clear I will have to go back & have it `dealt with,` so that a swab can be sent off. RA is such an unwanted companion, and I`m not much keen on the infected cyst either, but I will rest, as after a sleepless & uncomfortable night, I`m too tired/stiff/achy and sore to do anything else.

My Bil looks & sounds a lot better, thanks, but has to have a brain scan tomorrow, as they need to take a closer look at `something.` My sister is not a positive person at the best of times, so emotionally I feel quite drained from trying to help her to see a picture where not everything is black. She`s years younger than me, and we are totally different in character. She feels as if the world is against her right now, so conversations can be a bit fraught, but I`m doing my best to give support.

It`s kind of you to ask.
  • stickywicket
    OUCH :shock: That sounds nasty. No wonder you're flaring. A raised temperature has always set off my joints.

I am reminded of one trip to California where a nasty boil that I had on my groin burst. Mr SW and I spent an intimate time re-doing the dressing in a Heathrow diasabled loo. Oh these healthy people have no idea how to live :lol:

I'm glad you're bil seems to be recovering. It must have come as a dreadful shock to all but, if your sister is a glass-half-empty person to start with she will be hard work. Again, no wonder you're flaring.
    Steven Wright