Stupid woman.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 26. Jan 2016, 11:19 in Living with Arthritis archive
I thought I was better - the signs that hinted at this were I wasn't sleeping as much, wasn't coughing, my throat wasn't scratchy, my appetite had returned, I was happily drinking tea, was generally being more active than for the past 17 days so I concluded my personal tightrope had widened and it would be safe to start the meds again. I resumed the sulph at a reduced dose last Wednesday and did my meth on Thursday.

Idiot.

Yesterday afternoon my tightrope suddenly narrowed so, rather than fall off it, I went to bed to doze, got up to do a casserole, then went back to bed to cough. He came home at 7.15 and bless him, completed the dinner (just rice to do so not too onerous). I had a little dinner but didn't enjoy it, and I continued to cough. I watched telly and coughed then went to sleep (waking up to cough).

The speed at which all of this has returned has taken me by surprise, I don't know how far I've set myself back but hopefully it's not as much as I fear. We'll see, yes? :lol: DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I'm sorry to hear this DD. You've had more than your fair share of dross lately. I hope it doesn't last too much longer. (((())))
    Numpty x
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Sorry DD you're still not your normal self............. :(
    Why is it that when you think you think that you have left some of the bad things in life behind you,they have a habit of creeping back and biting you in the leg................. :x
    Hope you are soon well (the pint is still sitting on the bar!).
    Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    It's no wonder we have to keep telling people that we battle not just the disease but the meds too when we can't even get it right ourselves after years of practice. And that wasn't an example of my customary sarcasm just a rueful observation.

I seem to spend a great deal of my life musing, as Shakespeare famously didn't:

"To meth, or not to meth, that is the question:
    Whether 'tis more sensible to suffer
    The slings and arrows of outrageous DMARDS
    Or to cossett the viruses, stiffen and ache."

There are times when I prescribe myself a hot toddy and to Hades with the accursed meds.

(But, if you don't feel up to it, I feel, as a friend, I should relieve Ron of that pint of beer. We don't want to hurt his feelings do we :wink: )
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Not stupid DD, just human and hopeful.
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Oh dear, I'm so sorry to hear you are not "tickety-boo". I hope the extra rest helps and you feel a tad better soon.

And by the way, you are not a "stupid woman"! Far from it in my view!

Take care of yourself.
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • prefabkid47
    It's no wonder we have to keep telling people that we battle not just the disease but the meds too when we can't even get it right ourselves after years of practice. And that wasn't an example of my customary sarcasm just a rueful observation.

I seem to spend a great deal of my life musing, as Shakespeare famously didn't:

"To meth, or not to meth, that is the question:
    Whether 'tis more sensible to suffer
    The slings and arrows of outrageous DMARDS
    Or to cossett the viruses, stiffen and ache."

There are times when I prescribe myself a hot toddy and to Hades with the accursed meds.

(But, if you don't feel up to it, I feel, as a friend, I should relieve Ron of that pint of beer. We don't want to hurt his feelings do we :wink: )

Hi SW
    The pint is yours (another is there to help ease the first one down).
    Incidentally I am also VERY partial to a quality single malt,DID YOU SAY YOU WERE PLANNING TO MOVE TO SCOTLAND.... :?: :lol:
    Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Aww DD
    I'm so sorry to hear your feeling rotten.......Stupid you are not!!!!!
    I know nothing about your medicines having OA myself.
    You seem to be going through a rought time recently
    Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    Thank you one and all for taking the time to reply. I'm now in the fourth week of it and wondering what to do next. There's no point in going to the GP, even for healthy people this kind of bug has hung around for five or six weeks and their docs have been unable to help so I guess I've got a little longer to go, being merely a month in :wink:

The weekend was necessarily quiet but I think that suited him as well. We played a new game yesterday afternoon, Mancala, which I bought before Christmas. Once we got the hang of it proved to be enjoyable and quite fast - he beat me four times as he has a better strategic brain than me! DD
  • stickywicket
    And isn't under the 'bug cosh'. I think quiet and restful are the ways to go. (Boring innit :lol: )

Ron – Yes, we are moving nearer to the source of the water of life. Fancy a chaser?
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    These bugs are so debilitating, especially when they linger - and with us immuno-suppressives they almost always do.

Try to take things easy, DD, and I hope you soon feel better.
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    How are you feeling, DD?
  • dreamdaisy
    Thank you for asking, Anna, and I can reply in one word: ghastly. Never mind, eh? A dinner has to be cooked, the washing up will have to be done and, as has he's been at work since 7.15am, it's fair enough it falls to me. At least I made the bed! :lol:

The lovely, bright cold weather has gone, the wind is rising, the rain is not far behind so I guess this won't be helping matters. Who am I kidding? Let's be honest, nothing does. :lol:

I hope you are continuing to feel better and, if so, long may that last. DD
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    You are truly remarkable! Even when you aren't 100% you always tend to see the bright side of things and are thinking of others. I hope your Husband realises what a remarkable lady he's lucky enough to be married to.

Make sure you get as much rest as you can and look after yourself. Hope you start to feel better soon.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • prefabkid47
    And isn't under the 'bug cosh'. I think quiet and restful are the ways to go. (Boring innit :lol: )

Ron – Yes, we are moving nearer to the source of the water of life. Fancy a chaser?

Hi again sticky
    I'm always game for a chaser,though with my hip pains at the moment any thing 'chasing' me would soon catch me...... :(

DD do really hope that you are soon feeling better......... :!:

Ron
  • Megrose2
    Megrose2 Member Posts: 331
    Just to wish you well, DD and hope that you feel a little better this morning.

Meg
  • dreamdaisy
    Thank you, it's been a grotty start to the day but I am determined to get to my art class at 10. I know I am lacking the ability to concentrate for longer than a couple of minutes but at least I can sit and chat to my fellow students to put them off their work :wink: DD

PS I hope your account can be sorted out, it wasn't hard to realise it was you but it will be good to have the usual megrose back!
  • stickywicket
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I am determined to get to my art class at 10. I know I am lacking the ability to concentrate for longer than a couple of minutes

Maybe you could draw a goldfish? I believe their attention span is much the same as your current one albeit for different reasons :wink:
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Cheeky! I made it to the class and, even better, managed the first hour. I then spent some of the second hour posing for my fellow students (painful but at least I could distract myself with an alphabet list of tube stations) but everyone then joined in with that which, for me, was most unusual.

I came home after a brief lunch at the local, rang a friend and then went to bed. I'm pleased I set the alarm because I now have to think about the evening meal. Oh the fun never ends. :wink:

The weather here is vile, strong winds but no rain as yet; I guess that won't be far behind. My joints are loathsome. :x DD