Still haven't learnt

scouting
scouting Member Posts: 37
edited 27. Jan 2016, 04:00 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well after have RA for over 8 years (wow is it really that long) you would of thought I would of learnt to behave.
Obviously not. I bought a steam cleaner and after three hours everything in my house is gleaming and I am happy. Sat down after giving my little girl a bath and I'm aching all over. Lol I never learn... husband will be bringing in dinner now... a shame as I have lost half a stone since Xmas (the dreaded pre medication weigh in prompted me) and ive been good so far this week. Still one takeaway won't hurt. I did pilates this morning... see I never learn. Lol
gxx

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Don't beat yourself up. (It'll only hurt more :wink: ) We all get carried away at times especially if things seem relatively easy. We forget the we're probably giving muscles an airing that they haven't had for ages so then both they, and the joints they're supposed to protect, start protesting.

In the circumstances I think a takeaway is ideal. Enjoy it and get an early night. You will awake to a gleaming house tomorrow :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Must admit am guilty of overdoing things myself,it soon becomes apparent trying to move again after sitting down to rest....... :shock:
    My OH accuses me of 'being stubborn like my mother',I merely reply that it is pure detemination not to give in to my RA and OA.. :wink:
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    It took me around twelve years to learn what not to do - the most dangerous times were when I was 'hopped up' on pred and felt invincible. I soon found out I wasn't. :wink: Steam cleaners are superb, I have one for the floor and a hand-held for other bits (although that is now getting too heavy) but my favourite buy was my cordless vacuum.

The secret is to stop when you think you can manage more. I know from past experiences that if I push on I waste far too much time dealing with payback which is both painful and pointless. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben