hello new to forum

olly123
olly123 Member Posts: 5
edited 29. Jan 2016, 04:58 in Say Hello Archive
Hi I'm Olly,
I'm new to this forum , just wanted to say hi.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Olly

Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums. As mods we are here to help with any problems you may have on the message boards.

Do introduce yourself and give us some details as to why you have come to this forum.

I look forward to seeing you posting on the boards.

All best wishes
    Mod B
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hi Olly :D Are you a male or female Olly :D What sort of arthritis do you have?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, it's nice to meet you but a little more info would be welcome to help us better phrase our replies. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • olly123
    hi my name is Olly, I live on the Isle of Man would love to chat or meet if there is a support group here.
    I have only just recently had my MRI scans, so I'm awaiting confirmation of my condition which at the present Spondyloarthropathy What ever that means
    I am in a huge amount of pain and up to just over two years was very fit active, walking most days a few miles almost every day.
    I am still smiling though although every day is difficult.
    Thank you so much for your replies, I appreciate any support or advice from the forum.
    regards olly
  • olly123
    Hi Olly :D Are you a male or female Olly :D What sort of arthritis do you have?
    I'm female my arthritis is classed as sponyloarthropathy so no real diagnosis yet? not sure what it means yet but in a lot of pain.
    thank you for your reply
  • olly123
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Hello, it's nice to meet you but a little more info would be welcome to help us better phrase our replies. DD
    Hi dreamdaisy,Thank you for your reply sent more information to forum, nice to meet you too.
    Olly
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    As I understand it spondylathropathy relates to the vertebral column so no wonder it's painful. I don't have the same trouble but I have two kinds of arthritis and can empathise with the pain. I think a number of possible conditions come under the general heading of spondylarthropathy but don't take that as gospel!

There are hundreds of auto-immune conditions which cause inflammation etc. so it's not unknown for an umbrella title to be used initially. I was classed for a fair few years as an auto-immune inflammatory arthritic but when the label eventually changed that was the only thing that did, my meds remained the same. When did you have the MRIs and did they tell you when the results might be in? Resting is important as well as not over-doing things, learning to listen to your body and what it's telling you is an acquired skill, especially if you are coming at this from a healthy background: that must make things far harder. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Thanks for the extra info. I don't think there's a branch in the IOM though you could ring and ask. Arthritis Care used to run a phone link-in called Chat4Change but I'm not sure it's still happening. You might be stuck with us on the forum :wink:

As for 'spondyloarthropathy' - it's a bit of an umbrella term but this article from Arthritis Research UK might help explain it a bit http://tinyurl.com/p9nyzpp

Are you taking medication?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright