Sometimes discretion is the better part of valour

Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 9. Feb 2016, 05:08 in Community Chit-chat archive
I fancied a treat for dinner tonight do this morning I struggled down to my freezer and found a piece of Christmas ham so I took it out to defrost in order to slice it up and fry it up.
However after a day in which as well as my usual fumbling with and dropping of small things like keys, pens, spoons etc I managed to drop a mug of tea and then the electric carving knife when I was getting it out of the cupboard I decided that perhaps using it, (or any other sharp knife for that matter), wasn't really a very good idea.
Thank goodness for take-aways and on-line ordering.

Think the washing up had better wait until tomorrow
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh dear, our bodies do fail us at the most inconvenient times, don't they? I think you were wise not to use said knife but have to say that, in the privacy of my home, I would have done my best Henry VIII impersonation and gnawed at it (assuming it had been already cooked).

I hope today has been less droppy. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    I could have done that DD but really fancied it fried up. Not quite as bad today thankfully, just back to my normal level of drops and fumbles.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Very wise slosh..glad you enjoyed the takaway..has for the washing up ..maybe if you drop a few like I do..less to wash..I am seriously thinking of paper plates. :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    I do agree with what you say, thankfully I can still hold a pint of beer........

Its a grin, honest! 8)
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Airwave! wrote:
    I do agree with what you say, thankfully I can still hold a pint of beer........

Its a grin, honest! 8)[/quote

It's amazing how the body and mind can focus when holding a pint............... :D
    Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Good decision, Slosh. Was it a one-day-wonder? How're things now?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Just back to my normal drops and fumbles, usually small things and it's when I'm doing something automatically or tired, it's to do with the bit of muscle weakness in my left arm /hand. Saw my daughter and grandchildren today and I'm pleased to report I didn't drop my 11month old Granddaughter!
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    :lol: When my elder son was about 6 months old my Dad was holding him on one arm while holding a glass of orange juice in the opposite hand. Suddenly the baby lunged for the juice. Dad, instinctively, tried to secure the glass. I caught the baby :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Good catch Sticky!
    Julian of Norwich