I'm going back to work

GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 1. Mar 2016, 14:34 in Community Chit-chat archive
I go back to work tomorrow after my bereavement. I have to do this at some point and I take the view that the longer I leave it, the more difficult it will be. I have a fabulous team around me and that will help I think. I've had so many messages of support from work and I'm grateful for those.

Thank you again for all your support during the last couple of horrendous weeks.

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Good luck Grace I'm sure it will go well. Mig (((())))
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I wish you the very best, Grace, and I think, in your position, I'd take the same view. Please do make allowances, though, for all the tremendous emotional and physical upheavals of the last couple of months. Be gentle with yourself. You set yourself high standards but these are exceptionally difficult times so, if you find yourself faltering a little,remember that's OK. Little steps. We're right behind you. ((( )))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Yes I am sure it will be emotional for you, but there is nothing better than being in the company of friends..and being able to take your mind off things is only for a minute..will be thinking of you..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I hope that today went as well as possible, Grace. I am not around as much at the moment so please forgive the 'radio silence'. It doesn't mean I don't care, OK? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    I hope all went well for you Grace today.

Are you still only doing a couple of days this week?

I am sure your colleagues will be so glad to see you and be totally supportive.

Love

Toni xxx ((()))
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Thank you all for your kind responses. The day went well and although I was emotional first half hour or so, I managed to bury myself in my work. My colleagues had got me a lovely plant pot arrangement and that was sitting on my desk. I'm in work tomorrow and then off again on Wednesday morning.

It was a long day today as I ended up going to the Hotel in my lunch break where the wake will be and getting that booked. Tonight I had the Vicar here and she was lovely. Just a couple of tiny tweaks to the Order of Service. John's sister and I are going to the Church on Wednesday morning so that she gets the chance to meet the Vicar. The session tonight with the Vicar was short notice and as John's sister lives in Sussex she wasn't able to get here for that so it was just the Vicar and myself.

Thanks again. I don't know how I'd have coped without my Forum Family, my friends and relatives.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    (((()))) Mig
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Still thinking of you Grace - hope work goes well, and it`s good you have lots of friends around you.
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    I'm glad it went well, it can't have been easy but it mut have helped having supportive colleagues around. I tend to agree that keeping busy can be a help, and that the longer you take off, the harder it can be to go back. Hope all goes well with the planning of the funeral and wake.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich