World book day costume

Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 3. Mar 2016, 13:03 in Community Chit-chat archive
Ok, World Book Day next week, so it's dress up as a children's book character time again.
Last year, ( the first time with crutches), I dressed up as one of the playing card soldiers from Alice in Wonderland with one crutch decked out in white roses and the other in red.
Ideas please for this year. ... to include either Fred and Ginger or my new pair of crutches, Bombay and Sapphire, (gin drinkers will understand this).
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I'm amazed to find myself answering this, Slosh, but it was the gin clue that did it :oops:

Am I right in thinking blue? If so, I was in LA last hallowe'en and my 6 yr old grandson dressed up as Luke Skywalker clad, essentially, in white PJs with a belt and carrying a blue lightsabre.

I know, because my other grandson has one, that one Star Wars character has a sort of double lightsabre which can either be one long one or two shorter ones. Admittedly, that one is red but let's not quibble :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Good one your Stickyness. Mig
  • Slosh
    Like it! And yes they are blue. Would be simple as well and I already have white trousers. Will have to do some research.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    I was musing on the mileage in altering the spelling from gin to djinn and using it as an excuse for lots of eastern(Bombay) bling(Sapphire)....
    Speaking of spirits I have a bottle of strawberry gin awaiting my attention, a Christmas present from my son, for whom Jensen's is the local distillery, lucky lad.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Just heard this on the BBC website.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35715876

You'd be a shoe-in for Mr Bump next year, Slosh. Your crutches would be a positive advantage and enhancement on the original :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    My teacher son has gone to school in best tuxedo etc. His name is Bond, James Bond.
  • Slosh
    We are dressing up tomorrow as the Infants don't want the children to dress up on a Thursday. In the end I have decided to go as a bookworm. Painted an old shirt with suitable slogans and I got hold of some books that were being thrown out from the school library which I will attach to the shirt and my crutches along with nibble marks.
    Julian of Norwich
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Brilliant idea slosh..I should imagine all the little girls will be dressed has Elsa.. :)
    Love
    Barbara