My new pre-payment certificate.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 21. Mar 2016, 11:26 in Living with Arthritis archive
For those of you who are new to all of this and possibly needing more prescriptions I thought it worth posting about this scheme.

A pre-payment certificate can be bought, for either three months at a time or a year. I opt for the annual kind and ten payments are taken from my bank account, this time it's £10.40 so the annual cost will be £140; mine arrived today. You show it when you collect your scripts or, if your chemist is organised, they have a note on their records. This saves me a great deal of money as my average repeat script will contain at least five items taking the cost to just over £41 per go so it is cost-effective (my maths may well be erroneous, I have a vile stomach bug). Information can be found at your local chemist or on-line (I can't do the fancy blue stuff but I'm sure it's easily found). DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I read the accompanying letter (always a useful exercise :wink: )

apply at http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/ppc

tel 0300 3301 1341

Or complete form FP95 available from your pharmacy.
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Thanks for sharing that DD, I've used the scheme for years now and it saves me hundreds of pounds a year between the meds for my RA, asthma and Bronchiectasis :oops:

Sorry to hear you're feeling poorly again, hope it buzzes off and leaves you feeling more human soon.

Deb xx
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    I have one too, on the website there is a useful guide about how many prescriptions you need over three months/a year to make it worth while. The only thing I have found is that one card runs out before you get your new one so I just keep a copy of my renewal letter on me, mind you my local pharmacy know me know so don't always worry about checking.

Hope you get bettef soon DD, my throat is bad today, just hope it doesn't get too bad.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich