Got to first target!

GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 28. Mar 2016, 05:34 in Community Chit-chat archive
I've weighed in tonight and have got to my first target. I've now lost 3 stones!

Next week when I go I'll have to re-set my target as I probably have another stone and a half to go yet.

This is good news as my original aim was to reach my first target by Easter and, despite everything else going on, I've been able to do this.

Sadly my joints are still not recognising the fact I've substantially lightened the load and are playing up something chronic, especially my left ankle but that's another story.

In the meantime, it's back to the plan and let's see what next week's result will be.

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    There's a coincidence!!

I was just thinking of dredging up one of your old threads to see how you are doing Grace!

3 stone in weight is a phenomenal loss :shock:

You should be very proud of yourself.

In the circumstances a lot would have gained!

Love

Toni xxx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Well done Grace,onwards and upwards or should that be downwards.Mig
  • slomo
    slomo Member Posts: 180
    Excellent Grace! Well done you, it's not been an easy time for you,
    I remember reading your first post about you having to loose weight and thinking what a huge amount it was and how long it would take, so well done to you for just keeping on going with it. Hope you're keeping OK

slomo
  • GraceB
    Thank you all so much for your replies, kind words and encouragement.

I've today had to purchase a new rainproof jacket as I was out with a friend yesterday and she pointed out it was hanging off me. So today I bit the bullet and got a new one. I don't want to take the risk of "growing back" into my old clothes so, as they are replaced, the larger sized ones are going into a charity bag. If my clothes get tight in the future, it'll be a warning sign for me that things have gone awry slightly.

GraceB
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    A magnificent effort, Grace, especially taking into account all you've been up against. Well done!
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Well done Grace on reaching target it feels fantastic doesn't it 3 stone is a good loss and if you feel you need to loose more go for it. after all you know you can do it. and good luck on your continuing journey with S.W
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • GraceB
    Thank you Carol. Unfortunately this isn't the end of my journey as I need to lose another one and a half stone if not two stone. I'm going to aim to get another stone off at the moment, and then re-set again. I'll never get down to what my GP (and the medical profession) feel is a "normal" weight as I'd look like a walking skeleton but I'll do my best to remove this other one and a half stone.

GraceB
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Well done Grace, your joints wont recognize the weight loss at first, but will certainly benefit long term..you really have done well with everything you have had to deal with..xx
    Love
    Barbara