Still trying to be patient ...

Options
Frumpyshoes
Frumpyshoes Member Posts: 12
edited 27. Mar 2016, 10:35 in Living with Arthritis archive
Wow just checked and it's been 16 months since I last posted....

When I joined I had just been diagnosed with psa and started mtx. Unfortunately mtx hasn't really helped me much (at all?) after running through the usual less than delightful options (leflunomide, plaquenil) I eventually got to try enbrel. For some reason this caused an allergic asthma reaction in me so finally have started on humira. 2 injections down and no difference with pain although seem to have more energy - just in too much pain to do anything with all the extra energy.

Keep reading about those who have been helped quickly (obviously knew that wouldn't be me!) and really trying to stay patient and keep going with it! I know - what other choice do I have? I just find it so frustrating to try one thing after the other with no change at all. I know I've posted about flares before but I get a regular flare every 3 weeks (different part of the body most times just to keep me guessing). They literally floor me for 3-4 days then just as suddenly depart. Others have talked about flares as being long lasting so am I the only one who has these? Hospital say they definitely are psa flares as inflamed hot - all the usual lovely things .... Oh and once they're gone the affected joint is always left feeling a bit less good if you know what I mean?

Anyway nice to be back - only sorry I don't have anything happier to report...

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    If you read merri's thread below you'll see that she's very meds - resistant too but has tried seberal more. I hope you can both find the one with your nqme on ot. Good luck!
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Welcome back Frumpyshoes :)

I am sorry you aren't too great, but am pleased to see you.

I too hope 'they' find something to help you sooner rather than later.

Love

Toni xxx
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    Hi Frumpyshoes,
    as stickywicket mentioned you might like to look at merri's post. Here is the link for you http://arthritiscareforum.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=46304
    Best Wishes
    Moderator Sharon
  • Sapp50
    Sapp50 Member Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi Frumpyshoes

Welcome back, sorry to hear you are still going through the experimental stages with meds.

Hang in there!!

God bless