Sacrollic joint injections

Options
lynnemarie1123
lynnemarie1123 Member Posts: 295
edited 29. Mar 2016, 16:46 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all

Following the results of my MRI, I eventually have an appointment to have both my sacrollic hip joints injected at the same time. 5th April.

I'm terrible with injections and I'm not looking forward to the whole thing. I pass out very easily.

On the other hand I'm looking forward to hopefully being pain free :D
I googled the whole thing the other day and a site mentioned making the most of the injection and exersizing immediately! But I've also heard you should rest after having one ? Let alone two ??

I know it's the right thing to do, I'm in agony struggling to carry out everyday tasks and sleep etc I'm having no quality of life X

Thanks in advance X

Comments

• As5567
    As5567 Member Posts: 665
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I think most people usually have both SI joints injected at the same time unless the doctor knows the location of the pain.

I've had both SI joints injected at the same time, the procedure was mostly pain free, the only painful part being the local antithetic which just feels like a sharp bee sting that lasts less than 5 seconds then from that point onwards it was pain free.

I was told to rest for 3 days after my injections but i'm sure you will be told what to do after the injections.

I'm also not good with needles and was really nervous having this done as I couldn't see what was going on, but now after having it done I'd have it done again without any worry.

Let us know how it goes, I hope it goes well for you.
  • lynnemarie1123
    lynnemarie1123 Member Posts: 295
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Thankyou for your reply. Been in terrible pain recently so desperately need it doing. X