Toe inflammation

Options
lynnemarie1123
lynnemarie1123 Member Posts: 295
edited 31. Mar 2016, 07:17 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,

Hope you can help, think I'm going thru a flare at the moment everything isn't happy but I have a new joint playing up !

It's my big toe! When I woke up this morning it felt like I was walking with something stuck to the underneath of my top toe pad! Closer inspection nothing there was def swelling over the day it's subsided. However my toe looks redder than the other. Could it be my arthritis ?

About a year ago my toe nail became bruised like I'd dropped something on it ! ( I hadn't to my recollection), wondered if it was linked ? Xx

Thanks in advance !

Comments

• bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Lynnemarie, I suffer a lot with my feet so I understand a little. It could be a few of things, it could be you have an infection in the toe or have you banged your foot or toe lately? as you may fractured or broke it. It maybe worth seeing your G.P as you need to rule a few things out because when it comes to pain or inflammation it could be anything!!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Lynnemarie,
    so sorry to hear your news toes can be very painful. As bubbadog suggested it would be a good idea to go to your GP and get some things ruled out.
    For information you might like to look at our page on Gout https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/what-is-arthritis/types-of-arthritis/54-gout
    It states the following are risk factors for gout:

if you are very stressed or have had an illness
    if you injure or bruise a joint.
    If you are prone to gout, and you have more pain in a joint than you would expect after a minor bump, it could be an attack coming on, so get treatment straight away.
    obesity
    However it may easily be something else. You can phone our helpline for more information and an informal confidential chat free on 0808 800 4050
    Best Wishes
    Moderator Sharon