A week of medical appointments coming up

slomo
slomo Member Posts: 180
edited 2. Apr 2016, 11:09 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone,
I seem to have managed to get myself a week of medical appointments starting from tomorrow.... Didn't intend that to happen, will be shattered by next Friday!
Tomorrow I have optician appointment. On Monday I will have a day off work to attend my rheumy appointment, so that'll be approx 3 and a half to 4 hours round trip. I've been on 10mg prednisolone since start of year so am anticipating that he'll put me down to 9 and a half....we'll see. Next Friday (8/4) I have a review appointment with my GP in the morning and have just been advised that in the afternoon I have my Blue Badge assessment appointment! I'll also be at work on Tuesday and Wednesday as usual. Will definitely be shattered by next Friday!!!
Now of course I'm getting nervous about my BB assessment, not convinced I'll get it plus some of the normal nerves you get when facing the unknown. I know where the building is and have seen it from the bus but have never been in it. I do feel that this condition makes 'normal' nervousness more severe (or maybe I'm just a scaredy cat)
On the plus side, OH has day off on my rheumy appointment day and insists on taking me. Also I only sent off my Blue Badge application at beginning of March so that's been quite quick. Also by the time I get to that appointment, I'll be pretty tired so they'll get a truer picture of how I am rather than me bouncing in putting on a brave face.
Am just going to note all this down in my diary or I'll have them all muddled up and who knows where I'll end up!!

All the best
slomo

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Wow that is a busy week. Good luck with it all!
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I empathise, I've experienced times like that and it is frustrating, tiring but necessary. I hope that all works out well and you get your BB. They do make life easier, there's no doubt about that. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Good luck with all that...hope all of the appointments are fruitful.
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    You are going to be busy. Hope everything goes well.
    Christine
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh slomo its never ending..its good to know that hubby will be available for the rheumy dont forget any question you might want to ask..and good luck with BB..will have everything crossed..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • slomo
    slomo Member Posts: 180
    Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone.
    That's me done the optician appointment which I thought would be straightforward and easy!! Minimal changes in my sight so that's good news and she wants to see me yearly rather than every two years in view of my medical condition.
    However the fly in the ointment came when she did the peripheral vision test. Apparently I failed!! It seems that my right eye missed a number of the flashing lights coming downwards so she is wanting to do the test again to find out if it's right or if it was down to how I was sitting or holding the clicker. She does not however want to leave it till next year's appointment and wants to see me in 3weeks. Should I be worried? Strangely I don't seem to have enough energy to be worried about it so am just leaving it aside as it were until I see her again. ( I wish I could do that with other things as easily!!)
    Treated myself to lunch from the same shop that Barbara's husband used and enjoyed it at home.
    Just checking my notes for my rheumy appointment on Monday.
    (At least my eye test doesn't cost anything)

slomo
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    It's good when they say there's not much change to your eyesight, isn't it? I've had that test repeated to be told everything is fine so I wouldn't worry until they tell you to. Deal with it later if you have to.
    Christine
  • Megrose2
    Megrose2 Member Posts: 331
    It's good that the optician is being so thorough about your eyesight. I hope your other appointments go well for you next week. Take care.

Meg