I survived SI joint injections

lynnemarie1123
lynnemarie1123 Member Posts: 295
edited 6. Apr 2016, 11:09 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all

Had my SI joints injected this morning ! I was dreading it but knew it was the right procedure for me.

As I'm rubbish with needles and getting myself in a bit of a state the consultant gave me a sedative X hooray to that!

I found the actual injections painful but not too intense.

I feel very wobbly now tho, and my legs won't behave !

Any advise ? X

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Rest, rest and rest some more. After my knees were steroided I was told to stay in bed for 48 hours to enable the jollop to really settle in around the joints. I did but they never worked. :roll: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • lynnemarie1123
    They said to rest, no need for bed they said?. I've spent the whole afternoon on the couch with my feet up. Plan doing the same Tom. I'm in no fit state to do anything else.

Parts of my foot/leg keep going numb ? And I'm in a bit of pain so I'm taking pain relief. X
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I think it was bed for me because the knees are more involved in walking than Si joints. The numbness may be caused by your not moving your legs enough to keep the blood flowing Of course you will be in pain, joints were never designed to be injected and understandably react to being interfered with. Mind you, you are sitting on those interfered-with joints so ouch and ouch again. Pain is part of our lives and, even if these work for you, it won't be forever. If the best happens, and you are rendered pain-free, that does not mean the underlying cause of the pain has cleared off so still be wary of what you do and how much. I remember striding out on crutches when I was on a high-dose of oral pred because I felt fine. Believe me, I soon learned I wasn't! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    I have had a few of these, wish they had offered me sedation :shock: ...good for you..they told me to rest walk and rest more..for a couple of days..I really hope they bring you some relief..
    Love
    Barbara
  • lynnemarie1123
    Barbara X it was a god send! I said how bad I was with injections etc so he suggested sedative. It was a v bizzare feeling. Felt like I was drunk! And definitely helped me.

I keep pottering and then having a lay down. X plus my children have kindly passed on their cold to me X hurray xx