New Hip Suddenly Gets Nearer!!

Options
prefabkid47
prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
edited 13. Apr 2016, 17:52 in Living with Arthritis archive
Today came back from surgery after having routine bloods done.Hadn't been home long when 'phone rang.
It was orthopaedic dept. at hospital where having THR done.They asked me to confirm I was available at short notice.Then reeled off a list of disorders/diseases and if had suffered any of them.
Next asked whether willing to go to private wing if required.... :D

Last week was told operation would be early July,NOW it was to be done late May.............. :!: :!:

Ron
''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Crikey! I think that's a good thing, Ron - possibly daunting but good! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Wow,sooner the better Ron,I'll toast that. Mig
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Great news, will keep my fingers crossed for you.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Less time to worry Ron, it will be over with before you know it, and come June you will be saying I am so many weeks on.. :) ...good luck
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Go for it, Ron.

When my consultant told me I needed my first TKRs he said it'd be asap. I drove back from hospital and was preparing lunch when the phone rang. Can you come NOW? I did :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Go for it, Ron.

When my consultant told me I needed my first TKRs he said it'd be asap. I drove back from hospital and was preparing lunch when the phone rang. Can you come NOW? I did :D

When OH read your post she when straight into organisational mode(default setting!),just in case we also faced short notice and was planning what I would need for hospital.
    This afternoon was sitting in our summer house when she came trotting down the garden,'phone in hand.The caller said she was 'phoning about an appointment.Thought it was about my rheumatology appointment this coming monday.
    It was the hospital!The op was originally planned (as in my posts) for early July,monday this week it had been changed to late May.Today they asked if I was free to go in a week saturday (23rd April)!!!!!
    Also would I be willing to go into the private wing (own room,tv and en suite).............. :D

New hip has suddenly got nearer,just coming to terms with the initial shock.......... :shock:

Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    This is good news Ron, I'm really pleased for you.

Focus on what has to be done between now and your op. If you can pre-plan for things that'll be difficult after so much the better. For example, when I had my knee replacement, I stocked up on non perishables and canned goods to make getting shopping in easier (this was before online shopping).

I'm a firm believer in lists myself. I'm sure with your good lady steering you properly you'll do well. Enjoy the private room with the facilities. I'm sure you'll only be in for a few days. I'll keep an eye out for your posts when you are back home to tell us it all went swimmingly well.

In the meantime, keep well clear of anyone with any bugs as you don't want to catch a cough or a cold now!

Take care and best of luck,
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!