Another visit to vampires done!

bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 14. Apr 2016, 13:41 in Living with Arthritis archive
This morning I went to visit the vampire for more blood to be taken, she noticed on my notes that my blood sugar was a little erratic when I had the accident so thought it would be wise while I was there to test me for Diabetes as it had been a while since they had done it and with Diabetes in my family, so she has done that as well as test for other things due to my severe fatigue. So a lot of vials filled this time!!

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Well done on surviving multiple vials :wink: We'd all rather not need the regular bloods. In fact my poor phlebotomists would rather I didn't need them too as I don't part with it easily :roll: However, they are so vital and useful and, really, without them, we'd all be in trouble.

Vampires? Never. For my money they are kind, caring members of my health support team.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I understand how unsettling the multiple vial thing can be but it shows they are checking everything, yes? In my experience many phlebos have the vampire-themed stretchy-tightening band but trite is not the word. I hope your results are good and thank you for reminding me that I need to do some bloods within the next week. Thanks to you it's on my calendar! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben