I am cool

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
edited 15. Apr 2016, 11:52 in Living with Arthritis archive
We've just had the family staying for a few days and, according to my 9 yr old grandson, my pick-up stick is cool, my key-turner is cool and my wheelchair is always so cool I've come to dread the words “Can I have a go with Grandma?” :shock:

I happened to mention that, when we move house to be near them in Scotland, I plan to get a mobility scooter. His eyes sparkled with delight at the coolness of that. I'm starting to feel a little hot under the collar :too-hot:
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    It's the ultimate accolade to be cool - our grandsons were like that with the stair lift until the novelty finally wore off.

I got a compliment too at the weekend, when we had the family - according to my 9 year old grandson, my sausage rolls were 'well good.' Given that I'm no Mary Berry I was quite pleased.
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Sticky, we always knew you were cool
    :deckchair:
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Granddaughter when asked by granddad what have you done at school today she answered " school stuff " :shock: I used to be cool now I don't play the right computer games. Mig
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Congratulations! When I showed my 4 year old grandson a photo of my mobilty scooter I got a "wow", and quite a few pupils have described my rollator as cool.
    Children are great for putting a positive spin on things.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Do we conclude that arthritis is cool :? :lol: As long as it's someone else's?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    :lol::lol: I think he is expecting to hitch a lift now and then..my GD adore my grabbers..so we bought her one form the £1 shop then she wouldn't move mine..by the way have you seen the mobility scooters that look like motorbikes...you would be super cool.. :lol:
    Love
    Barbara