Just a little something to say

bubbles
bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
edited 27. Apr 2016, 12:14 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well, I have been a long time member of the forum, affectionately known as Bubbles.
I have carried on posting and helping where I can, oblivious to the fact that people think I am Mrs Bubbles, well, I am actually Mr Bubbles.
I took the name from Bubblesdevere from Little Britain, who always made me laugh out loud. This has caused some confusion and I don't want to do that.
I will still use my Bubbles, but, my name is Aidan, there are no other differences, save the obvious, lol. Nursing, life with arthur and heart disease and COPD, Fybro, Diabetis, Neuropathy etc, are all ever present.
I hope I have not upset anyone.
Love Aidan XX (AKA Bubbles)
XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).

Comments

• applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Mr Aiden Bubbles. I guess we all assume that we are talking to other women as it's mostly women who use these type of forums. A lot of years ago, someone gave me the nickname of Frankie so I used it on a couple of forums. Everyone assumed I was a man.
    Christine
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    You're not the Aiden that played Poldark are you ? But I guess we could all confess to some little secret. Mig
  • bubbles
    mig wrote:
    You're not the Aiden that played Poldark are you ? But I guess we could all confess to some little secret. Mig

LOL :lol: I am most definitely not the same Aidan that played Poldark. No shadow of doubt, :lol: X Aidan
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Oh mig :roll:

What is she like?

Aidan - who will always be Bubbles to me - it bothers me not a jot that you are male and am sure it will be the same for all the café-dwellers where you mostly reside :)

As Christine demonstrates, (and has happened to me as Toni), we can all make assumptions :oops:

I am glad to meet you Aidan :)

Love

Toni xxx
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Some of the girls confused my icon with being female, haha. Perhaps us blokes should use a more masculine form of speech?

'Al'right mate, how're they hanging? Football, football, football. Fancy a beer?'

How was that? Ehh? Perhaps not!

Its a grin, honest! :mrgreen:
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Mr Aiden come bubbles I feel like you have just come out.. :) well I never ..but its good to know we have a man in the cafe..and about time..
    Airwaves I love it... :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbles
    Bless, I know I will still be Bubbles, as I have been for so long, just Aidan Bubbles.

Football, mmm, errr, tennis yes, watch it all year, every tournament. Beer, oh dear, I am teetotal, a case of having to be with taking a pharmacy load of drugs. Great post, love it.

Very nice to meet everyone, like starting over, but not really, if that makes any sense.

Must get ready, in laws taking me into town and for coffee, OH waiting for a parcel. xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hello Mr Aiden come bubbles I feel like you have just come out.. :) well I never ..but its good to know we have a man in the cafe..and about time..

Hahahaha!

I sort of know what you mean Barbara!! It was our fault making assumptions!!!
  • bubbles
    frogmorton wrote:
    barbara12 wrote:

Hahahaha!

Just come out, I love it - many many years ago Barbara 8)
  • mig
    Hi Bubbles,Just to let you know you being a tennis fan my granddaughter has been selected to be a ball girl at Boodles the week before Wimbledon ,she so excited about it. Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    bubbles wrote:
    frogmorton wrote:
    barbara12 wrote:

Hahahaha!

Just come out, I love it - many many years ago Barbara 8)
    No need for the embarrassed face.. we love you for who you are..and do you know when I had my THR the male nurse were some of the most caring.. :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbles
    mig wrote:
    Hi Bubbles,Just to let you know you being a tennis fan my granddaughter has been selected to be a ball girl at Boodles the week before Wimbledon ,she so excited about it. Mig

How cool is that, I bet she is excited, it is always quite an honour to be picked to be a ball girl and boy, they have quite a lot to do and keep in mind. X Aidan B
  • bubbles
    No not embarrassed at all Barbara, that's very kind of you to say about male nurses. I was quite surprised how many there were in my intake, in the late 70's, I am sure there were about 10, in a class of 30. That was in the day when you could smoke on the wards, times change........ :shock: :shock: Only in Sisters office, anywhere else and matron would eat you alive. :swim-shark: xxx Aidan B
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Arther is not particular about either sex, its the one part of life that says ' we are in this together'! Sink or swim, we help each other......
  • bubbles
    Airwave! wrote:
    Arther is not particular about either sex, its the one part of life that says ' we are in this together'! Sink or swim, we help each other......

Absolutely 100% agree. Illness and or disability happens upon all ages, at any time.
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    You'll have to watch mig, Aiden Bubbles, she'll be asking you if you're wearing lycra before long. Hehehehe. :oops:

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• bubbles
    kathleenT wrote:
    You'll have to watch mig, Aiden Bubbles, she'll be asking you if you're wearing lycra before long. Hehehehe. :oops:

:lol: Many years ago, when I was fitter and able, I did wear lycra shorts to the gym, yes, t'is true.
  • mig
    Ooooooooooo Bubbles Poldark in Lycra Oooooooooooo Mig
  • bubbles
    mig wrote:
    Ooooooooooo Bubbles Poldark in Lycra Oooooooooooo Mig

:shock: :shock: :lol::lol: steady away now............
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    (I reckon you will be able to work out the tune for this little ditty)

I said hello, Aidan,
    Well hello, Aidan,
    it's so good to have you back where you belong . . . *
    You're looking swell, Aidan
    I can tell, Aidan,
    Madame Bubbles,
    With her troubles iiis -
    still goin' strong,
    I feel the café, swayin'
    While the band's playin'
    One of your ole favourite songs from way back when, sooooo
    Take his coat, fellas,
    Find him a seat in our boat, fellas,
    Aidan won't be going away again! *

I think it rather lovely that you have flying under a 'flag of convenience' so to speak but I will still picture you as a rather buxom matron (with a properly starched cap) doing the rounds with the trolley, be it dispensing meds, tea, cocoa or sweeties. DD

* not that you ever really left :wink:
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbles
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    (I reckon you will be able to work out the tune for this little ditty)

I said hello, Aidan,
    Well hello, Aidan,
    it's so good to have you back where you belong . . . *
    You're looking swell, Aidan
    I can tell, Aidan,
    Madame Bubbles,
    With her troubles iiis -
    still goin' strong,
    I feel the café, swayin'
    While the band's playin'
    One of your ole favourite songs from way back when, sooooo
    Take his coat, fellas,
    Find him a seat in our boat, fellas,
    Aidan won't be going away again! *

I think it rather lovely that you have flying under a 'flag of convenience' so to speak but I will still picture you as a rather buxom matron (with a properly starched cap) doing the rounds with the trolley, be it dispensing meds, tea, cocoa or sweeties. DD

* not that you ever really left :wink:

Well thank you DD, that's a great little ditty. No, I didn't leave, I was absent for a long time after Mum passed, now Mum in Law poorly, but, we are doing ok.
    I am still Matron, without a doubt, just that I don't look like Hattie Jaques :lol::lol:
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    knock me down with a feather. Wasn't your nick-name Matron? Not that it matters :)

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • bubbles
    tkachev wrote:
    knock me down with a feather. Wasn't your nick-name Matron? Not that it matters :)

Elizabeth

It certainly was Elizabeth, I was matron, then they (the NHS) changed it to Senior Nurse, but I preferred Matron. XX Aidan