painfull thumb and finger

Options
minstrel
minstrel Member Posts: 3
hi
have pain in my left hand thumb. It can be felt up to nearly the base of my thumb. Worse in the morning but continual during day.

I also have pain in my 3rd finger in my right hand. Worse in morning when I wake up, and locks when I bend it.
Would appreciate any advice
thank you
Charles

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums minstrel from the moderation team

As mods we are here to help with any problems you may have on the message boards.

There are lots of lovely people here with a wide range of experiences with arthritis and the problems of living with the condition. Just join in wherever you like you will be made very welcome.

I look forward to seeing you posting on the boards.

As you have posted a question in the Helplines Section I will await their team to answer your query.

Best wishes

Mod John
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Hi Charles,

Thank you for your message to helplines. I am sorry to hear that you have been experiencing pain in your finger and thumb.

You don't mention what type of arthritis you have, so I wonder if you have been to see your doctor to discuss what could be going on for you?

You might find our booklet 'Understanding Arthritis' useful:

https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/what-is-arthritis/resources/299-understanding-arthritis

If you do already know which type of arthritis you have, we can provide more specific information. Please feel free to contact us on our freephone helpline: 0808 800 4050 Mon - Fri 10am-4pm or if email is easier: helplines@arthritiscare.org.uk

I hope this helps,

Best wishes,

Emma-Jane, Helplines.
  • minstrel
    minstrel Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Charles,

Thank you for your message to helplines. I am sorry to hear that you have been experiencing pain in your finger and thumb.

You don't mention what type of arthritis you have, so I wonder if you have been to see your doctor to discuss what could be going on for you?

You might find our booklet 'Understanding Arthritis' useful:

https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/what-is-arthritis/resources/299-understanding-arthritis

If you do already know which type of arthritis you have, we can provide more specific information. Please feel free to contact us on our freephone helpline: 0808 800 4050 Mon - Fri 10am-4pm or if email is easier: helplines@arthritiscare.org.uk

I hope this helps,

Best wishes,

Emma-Jane, Helplines.

hi Emma,
    thanks for your reply. I haven't had a full diagnosis from my doctor. I will be seeing him next Tuesday 10th May. I will get back in touch then.
    many thanks
    Charles