Off to the theatre

mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 10. May 2016, 03:33 in Community Chit-chat archive
Just about to go out for an evening at the concert hall in Nottingham ,solid silver sixties show with Hermans hermits and brian Hyland ,Dave berry and backing bands.Hope it doesn't rain.
Anyone else see these shows? Mig

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Mig hope you enjoyed it,sure you did :D I saw Dave Berry and a few others in the Grand at Blackpool its was a brilliant show and really takes you back..
    Love
    Barbara
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    I haven't seen the shows Mig, but hope you enjoyed them.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Cor! I remember those names very well indeed from my childhood, was it Peter Noone who sang with Herman's Hermits? I hope you enjoyed your trip down memory lane, they don't make pop music like that any more. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    It was a great evening spoilt by the journey home on the bus ,along the way we picked up two very drunk elderly ladies one whom started to smoke one of those pretend cigs ,she continued smoking it so I asked her to stop or I would inform the driver all hell broke loose the language that came out made me gasp and I can curse with the best of them ,so I told the driver who did nothing,two young girls said well done as they were leaving and she started on them as well the driver did nothing just sat in his cab.To make things worse she said I was a miserable old woman well sometimes I'm miserable and definitely a woman but old how dare she she could have given me at least ten years.What did hubby do kept his mouth shut in case I started on him. Mig
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Gosh Mig!

Old people today!!! How shocking!!!

Mind you I expect they've always been horrible people and it didn't have much to do with you.

Bus driver totally lacking in....*..... you know what I mean!

I am glad the girls agreed with you at least. Those 'ladies' ought to be ashamed of themselves.

I hope your night out has not be spoilt by the incident.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh Mig that is awful..the drunken sods... :shock: the driver must have been scared for his life some of these people can get so violent..we have seen it first hand..good for you having your say..these E cigs do take your breath away especially in enclosed places..glad at least you enjoyed the show..
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Ah, there it is. I hope I have answered as to the e cigs and I know that most places round here, you cannot use them indoors. They say it is only vapour, as in mist, but it is nicotine and whatever other chemicals they put in, to make them taste of everything from mint to strawberries. I smoke and I would not dream of smoking a cigarette anywhere but outside, even at home. Nor would I use a vapour cig in an enclosed space. I am sure they are banned in most shopping centres etc.

The bus driver should have asked them to stop "vaping" or exit the bus. Not simply because of the vapours, but because they were three sheets to the wind and causing a breach of the peace. Sadly the driver didn't do anything, a case of not wanting to get involved in case he gets reported. Sad state that the nation is in.

You did the right thing by asking her not to puff on the vapour thing, she was bang out of order and should know better. But obviously her sad existence knows no better than to get drunk and be foul mouthed. I bet they were dressed like dogs dinners too.

Keep the songs from the show in mind and forget those who need to crawl back under their stones. The world seems full of ignorant people, no respect for themselves, therefore none is shown to any other human being. I remember going to see the Drifters at the Concert Hall, they were fan tastic.
    XXX Aidan
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    I hope you enjoyed the theatre Mig and it wasn't spoiled too much by those terrible women. I didn't think it was allowed to smoke those on the bus and I guess the driver was worried he'd get abuse if he said anything. It's good to know the young girls agreed with you.
    Christine
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    I noticed this in the paper, just after I had written my post.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3579941/E-cigarette-poisonings-surge-young-children-study-says.html

XX Aidan
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • mig
    Thats a pretty scary article Aiden. Mig