am i looking forward to it ?

Turbogran
Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
edited 11. May 2016, 05:25 in Community Chit-chat archive
off tomorrow to Swansea for an overnight stay to attend our niece's funeral on Tuesday am I looking forward to it yes and no I have not seen my sil and a lot of others of my OH's side of the family for nearly 10 years so in that respect yes. but the funeral side of it all that's a No. :D:( all in one
Stay positive always👍xx

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I think that is so often the way with funerals, I hope all goes well today, funerals are never easy, but I hope that among the tears there will be some some smiles and maybe even laughter as you talk and reminisce.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    These family events are often bittersweet, yes it gives a chance to catch-up but there's also the chance to remember the person who should be there. My cousin Christopher played the organ at all the family funerals but when he unexpectedly died in his early 60s the fact that another family member had to play just a piano (and not nearly so well) really rammed it home that he had gone.

I hope it all goes as well as possible and that laughter outweighs the tears. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    I hope the funeral goes well Carol , and you all have a good catch up..we seem to be the same seeing family at funerals and weddings.. :o
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    I do hope that the funeral does your niece's memory proud Carol.

Then after that that you all have a good catch-up and share some good memories of her.

Thinking of you ((()))

Love

Toni xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I hope it all went as well as possible. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Thank you all for your replies got back home absolutely shattered at about 11.45 last night after a very very busy day the funeral went well despite the rain. it was a nice service at the crematorium then onto the church where our niece used to attend and sing in the choir.
    and then had some refreshments and a time to catch up with family. we did have quite a funny incident the afternoon before the funeral, when going up to our room to find that all the of the 3 sisters she has were all staying the night in the same hotel and we were all on the same floor. :)
    Stay positive always👍xx