The back of the cupboard

stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
edited 14. May 2016, 12:51 in Community Chit-chat archive
We were going to have garlic mushrooms with our meal tonight until I realised I'd run out of garlic – well, apart from two very weedy-looking, sad little cloves which were stuck under the egg rack. (Tomorrow's breakfast eggs will be interesting.) I vaguely remembered having some garlic granules and thought they might be an acceptable port in this culinary storm.

These are the times when you realise you have three pots of cloves and cinnamon, two each of oregano, dill and chives but no garlic granules.

And, when did I ever use mace? Well, pre-2006 as that's the use-by date :oops:
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    LOL, I am certain we all have loads of spices and things, lurking. I did find some sardines and checked the date, 2013...........Now I will have to go and root through the cupboards again. :shock:
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    My GD cleared out my cupboards last week..she was in stiches :lol: and said GM I was a baby when you bought this..not quite she is 18.. :shock: :oops:
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hahaha!

Good job you and I are both moving house Stickywicket!!!!

:cheers:
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    We had to clear MILs house, not long ago, we found milk powder from ww2, a rusted rice pudding tin, all the rice had leaked out and was long gone. She had received all her meals on wheels and put them in her freezer, I took them all to some students who thought they were good but they had to eat two puddings each to fill themselves up!

The best was the booze, crates (mostly rotten) of it, accepted by FIL in exchange for doing favours for friends hic hic...... The rest of the story would fill a few books. :cheers:
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Are you sure you weren't rooting around in my cupboard? Can we have them in the café please as Mig is making a potion for Halloween?
    Christine
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Had a panic thought Sticky had been rummaging in my cupboard. :o Mig
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    mig wrote:

That was my first fear too Mig :shock:
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    frogmorton wrote:
    mig wrote:

That was my first fear too Mig :shock:

Fear not, ladies. I've some way to go before I reach the back of my own :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Always a scary thng to do. About once a year I rearrange my main kitchen cupboard and shelves, get it organised...and that lasts for a week if I'm lucky!

Even worse is that drawer, the one that you pop things into to keep them safe/handy/because they might come in handy one day ...

I knew I had to sort it out the day I couldn't get it open because the bottom had started to fall out!
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Earlier this year The Spouse sorted out our herb and spices cupboard: I still don't know if he was being helpful or making a point. I have both chopped garlic and garlic granules which I am using far more often even though I can cope with the fresh stuff. Hmmmm. I is getting lazy.

I've discovered the 'world foods' aisle at our local orange-themed supermarket where one can buy useful bags of various herbs and spices rather than the over-priced Schwartz etc. little jars and their puny refills. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Ha ha, you lot do make me smile, or is it that you make me look at myself more closely....... its all funny!

:cheers: