Cat lovers beware

Kitty
Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
edited 17. May 2016, 11:35 in Community Chit-chat archive
Warning to all cat lovers

The Food Standard Agency recommends that if you have a cat or kittens do not feed it Hills Pet Nutrition cat food as it can cause diarrhoea & vomiting leading to dehydration. Due to an error by a supplier the pouches contain high levels of iron. Return for a full refund. The FSA issued the product recall.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh thanks for that Kath..has you might know we treat next doors cats would hate to make them poorly.. :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Sounds terrible Kath, thanks for the warning, I will post it on FB as well, so as many people can see it as possible. XX Aidan
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Kath thank you for the heads up :shock: I too will spread the word :?

Love

Toni xx
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    OH found it on FB, but as you know, it will only appear on ours and our friends pages, so the more of us pass the word on, the better.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Kathleen and O/h
    thank you for seeing this we have dogs.
    and I know this can happen.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    IM not a cat lover in fact I don't like them much at all but NEVER in this world would I hurt one anyone who does this should be punished.Look after your pets. Mig
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    We don't feed ours Hills but will add it to my Facebook as I know several cat owners! My 2 are soooo fussy! They only eat Felix as good as it looks wet food and it has to be only meat, they hate fish! They get half a pouch each at night. And only eat Go cat dry food!! And Dreamies treats, talk about spoilt cats!!
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    My cat only eats raw meat - chicken wings are her favourite. I find it quite frightening how often pet foods are contaminated. It's even worse in America
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter