Feel like i want to scream!

daniivca
daniivca Member Posts: 30
edited 9. Jun 2016, 07:31 in Living with Arthritis archive
Sometimes I feel like I need a sign that I carry around with me that says 'I get tired easily so I can't always do what others can do and it sometimes takes me a bit longer!' A lot to go on a sign but I feel like i need it! My exhaustion is coming back now which means only one thing I'm due for a flare up! Just hope it's not that long this time round, people don't seem to understand that when I'm exhausted I can't run around after them all the time which is what I have to do unfortunately at work! Well I can do it I just have to take longer about it. I predict a meeting with my manager about me leaving work for the night staff coming up soon :(

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Fatigue is certainly part and parcel of an inflammatory arthritis and you have a demanding job. Even so, you seem to be flaring quite a lot. Have you thought of contacting your rheumatology helpline for advice? I hope the weekend will prove a bit more restful for you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Hi, I understand how you feel, I don't know how many times I've had my husband say to me 'what's up?' and I say I'm tired. I could do with a sign instead of saying it all the time. I've been low and fatigued on and off since December. It is something I've learned to live with, when I can I have siesta in the afternoon. But with you working it would be hard to do that. I do feel for you working and dealing with Arthritis as well.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Im with SW on this one, I would give your rheumy a ring or whoever you see, we put everything down to arthritis so maybe you need some bloods test to rule out other things..hope you feel a little better very soon..not sure about you but this hot weather doesn't suit my joints..and saps my energy
    Love
    Barbara