POCKET DUTIES PLEASE

hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 21. Jun 2016, 08:29 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I know its late but just got back from holiday yesterday and am not sorted yet. There was a letter waiting for me...from the hospital......I've got an appointment with the orthopaedic consultant tomorrow {Tuesday} not until 6pm so if anyone sees this if they hop into my pocket please
It's to do with my knees I take it

Love
Hileena

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I will be ready ,might have my pjs on if that's ok. Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    You're back! Goodness me! I trust you got your travel insurance settled and all went well.

Good luck with the appointment. We have a day of appointments ourselves but I shall try to be thinking of you at 6pm. Good luck!
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Count me in Hileena..and I hope you enjoyed your holiday ..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    I'm hop, skipping and jumping into your pocket! Hope you had a lovely holiday!! :bouncing-ball:
  • hileena111
    Hi Everyone
    Thanks for your messages and you are all welcome...even if its your thoughts thank you
    There is something wrong with the site or my computer again. I haven't had an alert since before I went on holiday ....I put this post in last night and now it is 1.15pm and still no alert and I have come onto the site to find there are answers
    So sorry for any messages I haven't answered
    I will have to come on to the site more often whether I get alerts or not
    Love
    Hileena
  • Megrose2
    Megrose2 Member Posts: 331
    I hope the appointment is a good one today, Hileena.

I'll be in your pocket for 6pm. Is it all right if I bring my tea with me? We usually eat round about that time. I'll try not to make a mess. :D

Meg
  • hileena111
    Hi All
    Well got there on time only to discover the consultant had been stuck on the A1 in traffic so 30 mins later a message came out to say he hadn't had a referral from anyone to say why I was being sent to him
    I had a letter.....checked the appointment etc and I was at the right hospital at the right time so he saw me.
    Anyway the outcome is that there must be some damage in my knees {right one in particular} so he would send me for an urgent MRI. So I have to wait for the MRI then the result before he knows what is wrong......if he says TKR I'm not sure what I'll think.......after the 2nd THR fiasco!!!!!
    Love
    Hileena
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Pleased it went well. Let's just hope you now get the MRI fairly quickly. I recently my reduced waiting time for a neck MRI by ringing the MRI appointments line at my local hospital and asking if they'd had any cancellations. My luck was in and I took a cancellation slot the following day. That reduced my waiting time by 9 days. May be worth a try?

Take care,
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • hileena111
    Hi
    Is anyone else having problems with alerts for there messages?
    Even though I am ticking the posts I still get nothing through into my email inbox :?
    So I'm not ignoring anyone and I cant find who to report this to

Love
    Hileena
  • hileena111
    Hi,
    Well like I said the consultant said he would send me for an MRI and mark it urgent.
    This was on Tuesday night at 6pm......lo and behold.......Friday morning a letter dropped through the door from another hospital with a date for an MRI on it......that's 2 days between seeing him and getting the letter about the appointment. Don't know about the rest of you but that is a miracle in this end of the country :D
    The appointment is the end of this month so its not long to wait either.
    So expect me to be shouting for pocket duties closer to the time.
    I will be really worried incase it is going to have to be a TKR......remember the carryon I had with my 2nd THR. 2 and a half years later still on crutches :roll:
    Thanks in advance
    Love
    Hileena
  • Megrose2
    So pleased that you're not going to have to wait long for the MRI, Hileena. I'll be happy to be in your pocket when the times comes and keep my fingers crossed that everything works out well for you.

Meg
  • hileena111
    Hi Meg
    Thanks for the pocket duties {when needed} :lol: Still no alerts about any posts coming through....I'm just having to come on and look for any new posts
    Love
    Hileena
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Just catching up, hope all goes well with the MRI, and that you don't need a TKR, I don't blame you for being anxious at the thought of this.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    I hope all goes well with the MRI.

I know we all tend to look at past experiences but, as I recall, the THR was fine until you fell so it's unlikely that that would happen again.

Anyway, one step at a time :D
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    Hi
    Still not getting alerts and am so sore I'm not online much

MRI is just over a week away thank goodness

My first THR was fine, 2nd THR was fine but I didn't fall.......what happened was I was doing some NHS exercises {4 weeks post op} ...abducting my leg to strengthen that muscle.
    CRACK and my leg gave way and that's how the fracture happened. They then discovered I had osteoporosis.
    On my notes it had that I had osteopenia before the op. You would think I would have been warned about that particular exercise??? If it is a knee replacement it wont be the same exercises as the hip replacement but I will make sure to ask if there is anything to avoid.
    2 and a half years on crutches now and that is a permanent thing!!!!!
    Not sure when I'll get back on but I'll do my best

Love
    Hileena
  • Megrose2
    Pleased that you've had the MRI, Hileena. When will you get the results? Have they started you on medication for the osteoporosis?

I've got osteopenia, too. I've got a trapeziectomy coming up - not the same as a THR, I know - but I'll remember to tell them about it.

Take care.

Meg
  • stickywicket
    Yes, I remember now. So you think it happened because of the osteopenia? You've set me wondering now. Given that the majority of people who have joint replacements are past the first flush of youth :wink: , you'd think a DXA scan might be part of the pre-op but I've never had one before any of my replacements and not heard of anyone else having one either though I was warned before my knee revision that it might require bone grafts and it did. I think a TKR is a safer bet, in this case, than a THR though as it's a different type of joint.

I remember the adductor exercise but was never much good at it as I can't stand on one leg for more than a few seconds and, because my feet stick out so much, I can't lie at the correct angle. Saved by RA :lol:

Anyway, good luck with it all.

(By the way, I stopped my alerts because they were filling my inbox. Now I just come on here and see what's new. I much prefer that)
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    Hi Sticky
    I'm still not getting my alerts and would prefer them...oh well

Yes they say after doing another DEXA after the fracture that I have osteoporosis. I hadn't had a DEXA before that for about 4 years and that one said I had osteopenia......you would think that would be enough to make them warn me!!!
    Yes...I agree I think it should be part of the pre op stage {having a DEXA I mean}
    I know its a completely different joint and the exercises will be different but it still makes me shiver a bit at the thought of it
    Its about a week away now although when I'll get the results I don't know. I'll try not to think about those until I get them :lol:
    Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    Hileens, you last post reminded me of how I 'cured' myself of osteoporosis. I put a thread up at the time but I put another up yesterday as it does seem that the only difference in my regime has been eliminating salt from my diet. It might be helpful.

Good luck with the results.
    Steven Wright