Rhumatologist Consultant & Nurse Appointment tomorrow

Options
bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 9. Jun 2016, 07:26 in Living with Arthritis archive
My long awaited Rhummy Consultant & Nurse appointment is tomorrow and to be honest I'm glad and nervous as this will be with a new consultant and I know I have a zillion questions for him or her. I'm also hoping with fingers crossed he/her will give me steroid injections in both my left knee and shoulder as they are both extremely painful with every little movement is like a hot poker being stabbed into them. And what with my holiday just a few weeks away it would be nice not to be in extreme pain for it.
Also want to discuss meds as the combination I'm on now isn't working. So yes going to be a busy appointment!

Comments

• Sharon2960
    Sharon2960 Member Posts: 329
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Good luck - my appointments next week, and I've got similar questions! Along with how to cope with constant colds!
  • Megrose2
    Megrose2 Member Posts: 331
    Options
    I hope it all goes well for you tomorrow, Bubba.

Meg
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Hi bubba
    Hope all goes well tomorrow and you get the answers and results you want.
    Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    Hope it goes okay tomorrow for you Bubba. I'll be in your pocket for moral support.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Well because the transport was a little late I could only see the Rheumatologist Nurse Julie, I explained everything and she was able to give me the steroid injections I needed. She checked me over and was a little concerned with my left knee as it was extremely painful and was grinding a lot when she flexed it. So noted it for the consultant for when I can see one. She told me the results of my M.R.I scan which surprised me it was a little hard to understand she said the ankle was fusing to another bone. So she said fusing the ankle would be a good idea (sorry if it doesn't sound right!) and to discuss more when I see the Orthopaedic surgeon next week.
    So all in all a good visit to the Rhummy Nurse, going to keep the September appointment with the Rheumatologist Consultant and hopefully be able to sort my meds then.

Oh well Orthopaedic Surgeon on the 16th June, then ready for my holiday!! :sunny:
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Sorry I am late bubba..sounds like you have a good nurse there, at least she has gone through your results and tried to make sense of them..I hope the injections helps..good luck with the surgeon..like you say you have your holiday to look forward to ...
    Love
    Barbara