A refreshing and and relaxing week !!!

Turbogran
Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
edited 19. Jul 2016, 05:45 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well after my very low mood before our weeks holiday I have now been home for a week and can honestly say I wish I was still in Cornwall. we had a fantastic week and weather was good to us also which is always a bonus. and despite the payback from Arthur this week I am still feeling very refreshed and relaxed. and now off again to Ramsgate in three weeks for a couple of days to celebrate Mr Turbo's 70th birthday with a family meal with all my family living in Margate and Ramsgate. :bouncing-ball: :sunny:
Stay positive always👍xx

Comments

• GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Carol, lovely to know you had a good break. Just a shame Arthur has made his presence felt but you sound as up-beat as possible. Hope you enjoy your Husband's birthday celebrations in Ramsgate.

Take care,
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • Turbogran
    Thanks Grace the pay back is mainly because of all the extra walking especially up hills every day ( well we were in Cornwall) but its getting better now today has been quite good. And yes I fully intend to enjoy Husbands Birthday meal cos we will be surrounded by all our close family our 2 daughters eldest daughters other half our 3 grand children our eldest grandaughters other half our great grandughter and my sister and her husband I hope if everybody can make it. so there will be 12 of us altogether. the only problem we have is that at the moment there is a bit of a disagreement going on between our youngest daughter and her sister and nieces and nephew so hopefully youngest turns up.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Glad to hear you had such a lovely time. Definitely the tonic you needed.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Well done, a short break can bring its own problems, so good that you enjoyed it.

I just wish I could do what this emoji character is doing.......

:cheers:
  • Turbogran
    Thanks Slosh and Airwave for the replies
    Slosh.... I agree it is exactly what I needed as mr Turbo had said before we went away but although I knew he was right I just could not get motivated at all.
    Airwave.... your right I always get payback after holidays think its because I always do more and have more exercise hen we are out and about then when I come home and slow down a bit I find the payback starts but well I always say I don't mind if I have enjoyed myself

and yes love the emoji he he :lol:
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Aw Carol I am so pleased you had a great time :)

I always think the payback is worth it if you have great memories to look back on.

I hope your girls sort out their differences and put their Dad first for his 70th meal fingers crossed :)

Love

Toni xxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Carol I am soooo pleased you have had a good relaxing week ..you really did need that break..and another one to look forward to...my OH is 70 next year...x
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    :hammock: :bouncing-ball: :cheers:

Good for you, Carol :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Turbogran
    thank you
    Barbara and Sticky
    :D:D
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    I'm glad you had such a lovely break, Carol. I don't mind the payback so much if I've done something nice to warrant it.

I hope you all have a lovely time in Ramsgate for Mr. Turbo's birthday.
  • Turbogran
    thank you Theresak

I agree I too dont mind payback as long as I have enjoyed something I have done and yes I fully intend to enjoy Mr Turbos Birthday celebrations with the family :D
    Stay positive always👍xx