Podiatry today

GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 21. Jul 2016, 17:15 in Community Chit-chat archive
I had a podiatry appointment today to get the ball rolling re having my right big toenail partly removed as its ingrown. (I had my left big toenail done in May but that was infecting all the time). As there are the first signs of the right one getting to the pre-infection stages the podiatrist this morning rang through to the appointments line and I was staggered to be offered a date for this whilst I was in the clinic room.

Monday - 11.30am! :o Yes - next Monday! Wasn't expecting it to be so quick but I'm going away August Bank Holiday weekend to my friends in Cambridgeshire again and I need to be able to do the drive. Having the nail done now it should heal enough for me to get trainers on for the driving. (I can't be here that weekend as when I moved in with John it was the August Bank Holiday weekend and we always looked on that as our "anniversary").

So if any of you are in this area of Kent Monday morning and hear screams, it'll be me as they are putting the local anaesthetic into my toe. (That part was excruciating before). I'll be off work for the remainder of Monday and on the Tuesday in all probability. It looks like I'll be back to wearing my Crocs again everywhere.

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh Grace poor you that sound painful but at least as you say by having it done now give it longer to heal for end of August and I hope you enjoy your time away with your friend. out of interest where in kent do you live. as I said in my recent post I have family in Margate and Ramsgate. :)
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Hi Grace

Although I only live just down the road from you,fortunately it's just far enough away not to hear the screams.............. :D

But will think of you (will this be done at the Harvey,at least would be on your door step!)

Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Well that is excellent service Grace :)

I will be in your pocket on Monday with cotton wool in my ears ;)

A great plan all done and dusted in time for you to drive down to Cambridgeshire in August.

Take care and best of luck ((()))

Toni xxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Brilliant Grace..that is so quick...and now you know what what ..at least when its gone it wont cause any more problems...will be in your pocket on Monday...x
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Good luck for today ((()))

Fingers crossed for a quick efficient local then all will be well

xxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I hope all went as well as possible, Grace. Thinking of you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • GraceB
    Thanks for all your good wishes.

I needed 4 local anaesthetic injections before the toe was numb enough! As a result I've been warned I'll be badly bruised. There was a little bleeding when I got home but I knew it could happen. I didn't have to use the additional padding they gave me though.

Pain overnight was horrendous! :o As bad as my gallstones attack last year, despite taking extra Tramadol. Got about 3 hours sleep in total so feel utterly exhausted. Had originally intended to try and get into work later but no way after such a bad night.

Due back into clinic at 11.40am to have the pressure dressing taken off. As this is my right foot, my friend Rachel is taking me, bless her. I could drive but it'd be awkward with all the padding on the toe.

I'll update later after the padding has gone.

Ron - I've PM'd you re where I went as it'll make sense to you due to your local knowledge.

GraceB
  • GraceB
    Dressing change was done yesterday and the Podiatrist seemed to be pleased with how my toe looked. It's still extremely sore and quite swollen. Had a better night's sleep last night but as it was so hot here I removed my summer quilt and just had a sheet and lightweight blanket on the bed.

Went to work this morning but was pleased I only had to work the morning as by the time I left at 1pm my toe was getting extremely sore.

Was rather surprised though when I asked about when my follow-up appointment would be. You don't get these any more here! She wasn't able to say the word "cutbacks", but we both knew the real reason there's no further appointment for me. Naturally however, if I have any problems I can ring and they'll get me back into clinic.

GraceB
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    And, of course, you have the common sense to do that but one does fear a little for those who are not so clued up.

I'm glad it's going as well as possible, Grace. I hope your progress continues apace.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright