Hello

Doodlemum
Doodlemum Member Posts: 2
edited 21. Jul 2016, 07:05 in Say Hello Archive
Hi my 3 year old has been diagnosed with JIA. Thought this would be a good place to get advice and chat about it with other parents ☺

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Doodlemum

Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums. As mods we are here to help with any problems you may have on the message boards.

There are lots of lovely people here with a wide range of experiences with arthritis and the problems of living with the condition. Just join in wherever you like you will be made very welcome.

I look forward to seeing you posting on the boards.

All best wishes
    Mod Christine
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello doodlemum and welcome.

I'm so sorry to hear about your 3 yr old. I was diagnosed at 15 (55 years ago) and that was young enough. It's hard to see little ones in pain.

You'll see we have a parents' forum on here but it does tend to be fairly quiet as all parents are busy people let alone those who have children with arthritis - as I'm sure you're all too aware. You could try posting on there but you'll also find other members helpful if you wish to post on the Living With Arthritis forum. After all, we're all living with it one way or another.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, it's lovely to meet you but how I wish you did not have to find us. :( People frequently disbelieve me when I tell them that children can be affected by arthritis because the common view is it only affects the elderly, if your child has been diagnosed then that shows that someone was on their toes, was it your GP who set the medical wheels in motion?

I read that Sticky has 'filled you in' about the other forums, I think having a read-through of the My Child one might be helpful (be prepared to go back a good few pages because it is a very quiet board) but any questions about meds, appointments and other issues can be asked to any of us on here, we may not be children but we know our arthritic stuff.

I wish you both very well. ((( ))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello doodlemum and a warm welcome form me
    Its must be horrible for you, so hard when its your children,
    I am glad you have joined the forum it is full of information and a really good support for you..ie talking to us..
    The good thing is that medicine is moving on all the time..
    Take care and I hope to see your name around the forum
    Love
    Barbara