I wish I was my dog!

Options
Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
edited 25. Jul 2016, 05:20 in Living with Arthritis archive
Earlier this year, poor little dogster was found to have a shockingly bad arthritic elbow. Earlier this week, I said to the vet that I had no idea how poorly he was until he got better. Suddenly, the lazy and grumpy snoozer, who we assumed was getting old, was acting like a spritely puppy. He's been given a clean bill of health and told his joint looks excellent. The treatment? One dose of anti-inflammatories per day and one supplement tablet. If only my arthritis could as obliging!

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    If only!

Don't you sometimes find that yourself, though – you didn't realise how bad things had got until you managed to take one small step to alter them?

I would add one other ingredient. Your dog has a kind, caring owner. If he'd been left to 'decline due to old age' his decline would have been inevitable.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Aww how lovely...we have a lady nearby and her dog has had a new hip..it cost her a fortune but she is so pleased with the results..if only one AF and a supplement would work for us..wonder what the difference is..apart from 4 legs that is.. :lol: x
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I agree I wish I was your dog as well! A pill and your back to how you where before the Arthritis! And having a kind loving owner on top of that, what a blessed life he has. I would swap lives with he at the drop of a hat!!