NOT HAVING A GOOD TIME!!!

hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 31. Jul 2016, 03:33 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Everyone,
Just read the thread about the heat......I'm the same as everone else. Swollen ankles, legs etc

I'm not long back from Belfast......My mam is not good at all

Then I get home and yesterday morning I was getting ready to go out. My knees gave way, I went back ways, hit the arm of a chair then bounced of a small table beside it.
I'm really sore........My back, the side of my leg, left side of my neck.....and I keep finding more sore bits as the time goes on.
Last night I did sleep {surprise surprise}
This morning I can hardly move so not a happy little bunny
I'm still not getting alerts about my posts so missing loads of things

Well that's my moan, I'll try to get in and catch up

Love
Hileena

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Sorry to hear your Mam's not good Hileena, and a nasty fall is the last thing you need. You'll be discovering more 'hurty ' places for two or three days yet.

Hope things improve soon.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Welcome back, Hileena, but I'm sorry to hear about your fall. I tend to find that, when I have any particularly sore bits, a sound night's sleep doesn't seem to help. I think waking up and moving about is better but at least you'll feel more mentally refreshed which always helps.

I'm sorry your mother isn't too good. That would have made the whole trip harder.

If you look at your previous post I did tell you what to do re the settings. I hope that helps.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    Hi Tezz
    Still finding more "hurty" bits and that's just today lol
    They will improve soon

Love
    Hileena
  • hileena111
    Hi Sticky
    I don't sleep well at the best of times which was why I was so surprised. It will help me cope a bit better I think.

It was a dreadful trip to put it mildly. I came home feeling really "washed out" because of my mam.

I have kept moving as much as possible.

I will look at my last post from you. I know someone told me but I'm thick where computer/internet is concerned.......I'll see if I can work it out
    Love
    Hileena
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Sending some hugs for your mum as well. (((()))) (((())))
  • hileena111
    Thanks for that Mig

Love
    Hileena
  • hileena111
    Hi Sticky,
    I've checked the instructions in your other post and especially the bottom one {Notify me upon replies} Yes and Submit
    Doesn't seem to have changed anything.....it was yes when I went in to look anyway
    What am I doing wrong :?

Love
    Hileena
  • Megrose2
    Megrose2 Member Posts: 331
    Oh, Hileena, that fall must have hurt and it will, obviously, have shaken you up. So sorry to hear that your Mam is not good, which is an additional worry for you.

I hope you gradually begin to feel better. Take care of yourself. ((()))

Meg
  • stickywicket
    hileena111 wrote:
    I've checked the instructions in your other post and especially the bottom one {Notify me upon replies} Yes and Submit
    Doesn't seem to have changed anything.....it was yes when I went in to look anyway

In which case I can't help. Sorry. I think, if getting notifications is important to you, you'll have to ask our lovely Sharon (webmanager) if she can do anything.

How are you feeling today?
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    This must be a difficult time for you, I recall when my mum was very poorly - it wasn't pleasant because there was nothing I could do thanks to my circumstances.

If it helps you I hope you get the notification thing sorted, I cannot help because all I do is read posts and log in if I think I can help with experience or info: usually I can't. :| DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    Thanks Everyone for all your help.
    Meg, SW, Sharon and DD.

Meg, No doubt I will gradually feel better :roll: and I see the consultant week on Friday about the MRI results on my knees

Sticky you have done your best thanks a lot. I answered your pm.

Sharon.......thanks for sending the healing and putting up with me and this stupid computer :wink: I cant figure it out so hopefully the techies will be able to sort it out. I've been on for years and just expect my alerts to come through. The only time I would go on apart from that was the time we were getting all the spam . I automatically went went on and reported them {along with others}

DD, The fact that I'm so far away from my mam doesn't help either. I do remember what you went through....with both mams.

Love
    Hileena
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Sending lots of love and light and blessings to you and to mum. I hope you start to feel better after that nasty fall. It is truly horrid when your knees give out, I know only too well.

Take care, gentle hugs. XX Aidan
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Hileena ..
    What a rotten time you are having, and your Mam being on your mind and all that traveling..I just hope that things improve for you very soon...some hugs to keep you going..((())) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    Hi again Just an update
    Thanks for your replies.
    I'm still very sore, and Friday week seems a long way away.
    I cant drive because I'm sure my right leg in particular would give way.
    I don't know what is the soreness from the knees {originally} or how much of it is from the fall.
    I'll be happy when I see the consultant and he gives me a diagnosis!!!!
    At least then I'll know and be able to cope with it and manage the pain.
    I remember many years ago having aches and pains and being so miserable.
    Then I got my consultants appointment who said I had OA and would need two new hips......Although I was gobsmacked at first
    when it sunk in I got on with it and was much happier.

My Mam.....well she has now been put in a nursing home. The hospital say they cant cope with her.....she needs had fed constantly etc. She cannot even go to a care home because she needs a nursing home where she can have care 24/7
    She is still no better. Some days talks but doesn't make a lot of sense. Other times wont respond at all.
    When I say talking and not making sense. My brother is in Northern Ireland so it falls to him to cope with her most of the time. He is 65 {kid brother} :lol: She said to him should you not be home putting the children to bed? {he's not married} He said what children? To which she said Paul and Sarah. They are my children and they are 34 and 35 Paul is married with a 12 year old daughter himself. Sarah has a partner but no children.
    This stress isn't helping the pain I suppose

Ramble over for tonight

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I think that your mam is in the right and proper place, she needs a great deal of care now and knowing that she is in good hands may ease your mind somewhat.

I hope that the consultant will be able to shed some light on what is going on but don't get your hopes up too high: whatever it is you're more than likely to be doing all the right things already. I wonder if he will recommend a course of physio to help strengthen your leg muscles? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    I'm sorry, but not surprised you're still sore. These things usually get worse before they get better but it will be frustrating not knowing how much of the pain is due to the fall and how much to what was going on before the fall.

The situation with your mother must be a constant worry but, if she's in a nursing home, she'll be looked after. In her latter years my mother-in-law only knew Mr SW as the kind gentleman who visited her every day. It's horrible for the nearest and dearest. We have to just be glad they are unaware of their limitations.

Look after yourself, Hileena. One week to go. Start the countdown.
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    I'm so sorry things are still tough for you - you have a lot going on, and will still be feeling the after-effects of the nasty fall you had.

Your mam is in the best place for her needs, but no matter how well she is being looked after, you will still have her on your mind because she's your Mam.

Take care, and be kind to yourself.
  • hileena111
    Hi DD
    Oh I know my mam is on the right place.....its just that I cant visit very often being so far away
    The next time I will be flying over....not that awful drive and then the ferry
    As for the consultant.....He is very good and very straight....he knows I like things told to me straight.
    My problem is that I haven't got a diagnosis for it...once I get that I know from previous experience of my hips that I'll be a lot better and at least know how to cope with whatever it is
    ..I'm in a lot more pain than I was before I had my 2 THR's

Love
    Hileena
  • hileena111
    Hi Sticky
    Yes it is frustrating not knowing how much pain is caused by the fall and how much by the original sore knees. Oh I have some wonderful coloured bruises on my shoulder, across my back..you name it there are bruises !!! but I know that will heal.
    I know my mam is in the right place.....Apart from anything else when she was at home for a few weeks {discharged from hospital} my brother was housebound all the time. He couldn't leave her.....what sort of a life would that be for him. He has looked after her for years even if it has just been popping in a few times a day and maybe doing some cooking. I always felt guilty about that.
    I've started the countdown and I will be on later in the week to ask for pocket duties
    Love
    Hileena
  • hileena111
    Hi Tezz
    Thanks for that......I am trying to be kind to myself but I'm very down most of the time. I think that will change after Fri. once I get a diagnosis. I'll be very upset if I don't get a diagnosis on Friday but I don't see why I shouldn't.
    I cry at the least thing at the moment.
    Oh well......I'll recover
    Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    I have a neighbour in her 80s who regularly drives / sails (from Stranraer to Donegal and I so admire the way she copes with it all. I know I couldn't and I think flying will be a much easier option for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    Hi Sticky
    Yes I think it was time I started being sensible.
    No more sailing {and the journey to get to the ferry}. Its going to be flying from now on and hiring a car. I've got no idea how the money will work out as opposed to sailing but we'll see.
    We do need the car {a car} when we are over there.
    So when the next time comes we will have worked out what is the best.
    I admire your neighbour.....fantastic but she is in better health than we are {I assume}
    I have a friend who is in her 90's
    OK she orders her food online, she has someone in to do the garden, mobile hairdresser once a week, someone in once or twice {not sure } to do the heavy housework and still lives on her own.
    She is thinking of giving up her mobility scooter :lol: Her walking isn't great but that's all.
    OH well like your neighbour, different person and different circumstances

Love
    Hileena