shingles update

Turbogran
Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
edited 28. Jul 2016, 13:36 in Community Chit-chat archive
well blisters have now started to scab over nicely so hope fully we are going in the right direction determined to keep upbeat about it and not get stressed about it as one of its triggers apparently is stress so must remain upbeat. at least it has spread no more since sunday. still have today and 3 more days on antivirals.

:D:D
Stay positive always👍xx

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    That's good news Carol. sounds very promising.

Take care of yourself

Love

Toni xxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    That really is good news Carol...fingers crossed that you both get to celebrate OHs birthday...x
    Love
    Barbara
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Been scouring the internet for a brew for the cauldron that use shingles scabs :o :shock: :lol:

glad they haven't spread anymore.Mig
  • Turbogran
    Thanks Toni Barbara and Mig
    yes sounds very promising Mr Turbo has been put tcp on ech morning and evening photographing it each time for me to compare it cos not being clever enough to spin my head round 180 degrees I cannot see my back :lol::lol: and it seems that it is sort of going darker by blister and then they seem to scab over which is the main thing as far as meal is concerned cos no blisters means I am not contagious to anyone. Have been told rash could last for longer, but that doesn't matter as far as the meal is concerned just need blisters to go before Saturday week. carry one looking Mig cos its just the right place for them he he :wink:
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Carol, you have my sympathy. I had shingles at the age of 14 - very embarrassing stripping down in front of a male GP at that age, especially as it was down my left chest and back. :oops: I believe I had anti-viral drugs, painkillers and calamine lotion to put on. I also got two weeks off school so there was a bonus! :cheers:

I hope you recover in time for the family meal.

Take care,
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    You're doing well, Carol, and dealing with it well, too. I hope you'll be fine for the 'big do'.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Turbogran
    Thanks Grace and Sticky
    oh Grace I would think it was very embarrassing at the age of 14 especially in front of a male doctor don't think I would have liked that either.

I hope so to Sticky have found out today its not only my granddaughter and great granddaughter I need to be cautious with but also my grandson who has chronic pancreatitis not good for me to have close contact with him either .

but was talking to Mr Turbo today I pointed out that as we are staying in a hotel for 2 nights I could still go and be with him on the day of his birthday and if I still had blisters and was contagious to the above mentioned I could just miss out on the meal but still be able to spend the daytime on his birthday with him. but I am still progressing well and have the rest of today and 2 more days antivirals and then another week on top of that before the big day so everything still looks promising at the moment.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • Megrose2
    Megrose2 Member Posts: 331
    Pleased to hear that you're recovering well, Carol. I had shingles in my late teens, when I was in the WRAF, and the doctor diagnosed me, then sent me back to work! I didn't even get an afternoon off! Happy days :D

Take care and I hope you continue to improve.

Meg
  • Turbogran
    Thanks Meg
    yes can imagine you being sent back to work thing is it's not contagious only people you have to avoid being close to is pregnant women kids who have not had chicken pox or people with low immune systems until blisters have scabbed over that's what I'm hoping for over the next few days so that I have not probs with a couple of my family who are in above groups . mind you I have not been told to stay in or anything so have still been going out every day and of course you cannot travel on a bus at the moment without there being kids on it being on summer hols. but well I don't care after all I have seen kids out who plainly have measles chicken pox ect and the mums don't care. :D
    Stay positive always👍xx