confused is it or isnt it !!!!!!

Turbogran
Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
edited 31. Jul 2016, 04:49 in Community Chit-chat archive
well have dispatched Mr Turbo up to the hospital this morning he has woken up with 2 red spots on his arm and as I have shingles I have insisted he gets it checked out. just hoping his is not shingles As my own blisters except for a couple have all scabbed now or the skin is peeling of. so I would be ok for next Saturdays meal but it will all have to be cancelled if he has shingles being the main person of the event. :(:( oh why is life so unfair I say nothing is ever easy is it.
Stay positive always👍xx

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Fingers crossed Carol.

Such a shame if it is....mind you it can be very very painful for older people or someone on chemo and dangerous if it gets in your eyes so if it is it will have to be postponed :(

((())) xxx
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    I hope Mr. Turbo is OK, Carol. When I had shingles the doctor said you could not pass it on as shingles to another person, but you could pass it on in the form of chicken pox to someone who had never had that before.

Hope you get to, and enjoy, your celebration.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh know Carol I hope he gets the all clear..the one things is he will get the meds if it is..and the sooner the better..they stop most of the pain..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Turbogran
    Thank you all Panic over it is just bites he told nurse at hospital about me and looked at the name and said oh yes I remember the name I was the one she saw first before the dr . but it did give him a bit of a fright I think :D

I also had the same scare with myself about 3 days ago had a red spot come up on my right boob in line with my arm same side as shingles are but totally isolated from that and thought oh no don't say it is gonna start up elsewhere just as the other lot is progressing nicely now. but with some calamine on it seems now to be going away. :roll: so at this moment it seems that all is still on course for next Saturday for the birthday celebrations and meal for both of us to be there.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Big big...............PHEW!!!!

I am relieved Carol :)

Such a nasty virus and airborne too so easy to pass on.

Looks like the celebrations will be on :)
  • Turbogran
    Yep big relief frog
    I just got a bit concerned because although the dr said when he diagnose my shingles last week that I only had to stay away from pregnant women and kids who had not had chicken pox or people with low imunne systems I still had this awful feeling that he had picked it up from me although he said I couldn't pass the shingles on and hubby did have chicken pox as a kid. I think basically I was just getting paranoid because of his birthday meal with family booked this weekend and the uncertainty of me not being able go because of contact with pregnant granddaughter 4 yr old great grandaughter and grandson with low immune system all who would be at the meal.
    :lol:
    Stay positive always👍xx