Alcura, HaH and me.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 9. Aug 2016, 03:35 in Living with Arthritis archive
I'm playing a new arthritis game and it isn't much fun (mind you, which one is? :wink: ) My injected meth is supplied by Alcura and the humira by HaH. Alcura are good at answering the phone, HaH not so much. HaH deliver the drug plus new sharps whilst taking away the old sharps: Alcura require three visits, one to deliver the drug, one to deliver a new sharps and one to remove the old sharps - the failings of both organisations balance each other out. I'm the mug who sits in waiting for visitations.

In early May I received a letter from my rheumatology unit saying that they were moving my meth delivery from A to HaH. Six weeks or so later A rang to arrange delivery, I explained that I had received said letter (they had no record of their contract being ended) so suggested I contacted HaH to arrange. I did but they had no record of me being moved to them. As I had six meth injections left I wasn't too bothered but last week rang Alcura again to arrange a delivery. This time they told me that the contract was cancelled and HaH were in charge. I rang HaH who told me that nothing had come through, advising me to ring them again at the end of this month to sort both things out.

At lunchtime today I received a call from Alcura to arrange my next delivery: apparently my rheumatology unit had sent the new script to them despite their closing my account. Go figure. :wink: I decided to play safe, the helpful lady resurrected my account and we fixed a delivery date. I will ring HaH early next week to see if I am now with them and to say that I will be receiving a fresh supply of meth from Alcura.

Wot larks Pip, wot larks. Frustrating is not the word. Why not close one account, open the new one and then tell the patient what's happened? I guess that is too simplistic. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Well isn't that a right old carry on?!! As if you don't have enough to put up with! I've always been with H@H, who went from being utterly reliable to being absolutely hopeless then back to a semblance of reliability.

It's surely not cost effective to need three trips when the Sharps Bin is involved? Not to mention the inconvenience of waiting in to receive your ' gifts.'

I hope they all get their act together soon for you DD.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    :o

Blimey! I have never before felt such deep affection for my tablet meth and hydroxy.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    And they wonder why the NHS costs so much to run....
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    I haven't had any problems for a while but I did have a letter saying the pens would be lightly different on my next delivery but I didn't notice any difference.
  • dreamdaisy
    I contacted HaH again and they still don't have a record of my moving to them for the methotrexate delivery. I think my next move is to ring the 'helpline' at the hospital and let them know that things are not progressing as maybe they should, I'm sure I'm not the only patient affected by this.

This week got off to a good start, a solid thump of stuff into the stomach - an hour later and I'm still wincing. :roll: DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Stone the crows: HaH have been in touch regarding my next humira delivery and it's happening on Bank Holiday Monday. :shock: DD
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Hopefully that's you sorted then, DD. If they have your mobile number they will text you with your delivery slot - a ' window' of two hours.
  • stickywicket
    I presume today's original post means you still had something left to thump into you? What a kerfuffle! Do they treat everyone like this or is it a special service for arthritics? Bank holiday Monday, eh? Well, we should be grateful to get it at all, I suppose. It's crazy that people are being deprived of essential medication simply because the 'computer says no'.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    At least they accept that being poorly is an ongoing process and cannot be neatly slotted in to a 9 - 5 working week only.

I am having another go at my doctors today, they received my repeat prescription a week ago yesterday and, although it's been processed, it hasn't yet been completed. They ask for 72 hours between deposit and collection but I am down for home-delivery. I think I'll cancel that, it's far easier if I get it myself. I went to collect his last Thursday and it wasn't ready: within 30 minutes of my getting home the pharmacy rang and guess what? It suddenly was! :lol: DD
  • stickywicket
    'Processed but not completed'? Does this mean no-one has yet stapled the bag at the top? I'm finding pharmacies increasingly difficult to deal with. I don't fit into their neat new arrangements and therefore am a nuisance. Maybe I should just swallow every pill I'm written up for every month then their records would be simpler.

All that running around, DD. It's a good job you're not disabled, isn't it :wink:
    Steven Wright