Hello! Glad to have found you!

Options
Lou1961
Lou1961 Member Posts: 3
edited 21. Aug 2016, 07:30 in Say Hello Archive
Hello! My name is Linda and I have suffered from Osteoarthritis since my twenties. I'm 55 now and have managed my condition reasonably well until about 10 years ago. Just found out I have end stage in 3 compartments of my left knee and may need a replacement. Hope to get and give hope and comfort and advice where possible to fellow arthritics!
Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars
Khalil Gibran

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Welcome Linda, lovely to meet you :P

You will find lots of friends here, advice from people used to living with arthritis in its many forms and humour too!

Here's a link to an AC booklet on surgery you might find helpful
    https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/what-is-arthritis/resources/224-surgery-and-arthritis

Take care
    Mod Yvonne x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Hi Linda and welcome to the forum.

You certainly have managed your arthritis well if you've had it for so long and only now heading towards a knee replacement. There are quite a few of us on here with new knees and / or hips so fire away if you've any questions – but better on the Living With Arthritis forum as more people look on there.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, I too have OA in both knees, both ankles and some other useful places. I know from reading on here that if one is granted a new knee (and does all the right things post-surgery) it can bring about a new lease of life so I hope that if you hit the jackpot with a new joint the same will apply to you. Good luck! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    hello Lou1961 and a warm welcome form me..just jump in anywhere you want...we all like to support one another and there is lots of info to be had on the forum..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Lou1961
    Lou1961 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi All

Thank you for the lovely welcome and the information, which is so helpful. It is so great to talk with people who know so well what you're going through - the ups and the downs. I shall indeed look at the Living with arthritis forum. Hopefully see you all there! :|
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars
    Khalil Gibran