Returning PIP FORM

nonaproxin
nonaproxin Member Posts: 53
Hi all...I have a question...Can you send your completed PIP form back to the free post address ..And blank out the second class part of the envelope and send it first class registered..I have spent weeks on this..And don't want it to go astray..Or be late arriving....
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    If the envelope is franked second class then postage has already been paid (it's not Freepost, that 's something different). In your shoes I would get a photocopy of the completed form and return the original in the postage-paid envelope thus keeping your expenses down; I would also ask the post office clerk for proof of postage. Keep that with your photocopy so, should your form go missing you will have proof you completed the form and sent it. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • nonaproxin
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    If the envelope is franked second class then postage has already been paid (it's not Freepost, that 's something different). In your shoes I would get a photocopy of the completed form and return the original in the postage-paid envelope thus keeping your expenses down; I would also ask the post office clerk for proof of postage. Keep that with your photocopy so, should your form go missing you will have proof you completed the form and sent it. DD
    Hi Dream daisy.... Confusingly...The envelope is franked as 2nd class...However the address is "Freepost" Personal independence payment,
    post handling site B,
    Wolverhampton....
    I have photocopied the lot ...But I think I will send it recorded delivery ..It's worth the bit extra for peace of mind ..It took me weeks to fill it in...I don't relish the thought of repeating the exercise anytime soon...
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Perhaps I was in a muddle - that wouldn't surprise me :wink: I am pleased you have a copy to keep and I hope it all goes through as it should. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • nonaproxin
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Perhaps I was in a muddle - that wouldn't surprise me :wink: I am pleased you have a copy to keep and I hope it all goes through as it should. DD
    Thanks Dream Daisy...I have sent all my clinic notes and consultants reports/ scan reports etc, for the last few years...information overload maybe..But they asked for hospital stuff...So they got it.....
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    I have some envelopes which have both a Freepost address and 2nd class 'stamp'. I wonder if it reflects the level of service for which the company will be charged when the envelopes go through the system ?
  • nonaproxin
    daffy2 wrote:
    I have some envelopes which have both a Freepost address and 2nd class 'stamp'. I wonder if it reflects the level of service for which the company will be charged when the envelopes go through the system ?
    ...Probably....